PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

ok, so i have a somewhat unusual issue that i think fits somewhat with this thread. i had a couple hardware buttons break on my phone and went to get it replaced and they said it voided my warranty and finally i got a manager that said if i can get windows mobile 6.1 off of it and put on an operating system downloaded from htc, he can return it because htc wont accept returns with hacked software.

so my concern is, that i dont think i can now bring in a bricked device because they know what's going on (and there is only 1 repair center in san diego). im under the impression that downgrading to 2.09 or 2.17 will brick the phone, even if i dont care about the bootloader and radio (they might not check that if i just bring it straight to the manager and say look, it says 6.0), is this correct?

does anybody have any other suggestions for me?

im currently running:
rom: 3.35.no2.5059
radio: 3.35.04
windows mobile 6.1 pro CE OS 5.2.19292 (build 19202.1.0.0)

my phone currently works except one of the soft buttons on the front and the blue function button on the keyboard, so i would rather have a crippled phone than brick and have to buy a new one.

any help is much appreciated, so thanks in advance.
-Ryan
Old 06-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan00davis View Post
ok, so i have a somewhat unusual issue that i think fits somewhat with this thread. i had a couple hardware buttons break on my phone and went to get it replaced and they said it voided my warranty and finally i got a manager that said if i can get windows mobile 6.1 off of it and put on an operating system downloaded from htc, he can return it because htc wont accept returns with hacked software.

so my concern is, that i dont think i can now bring in a bricked device because they know what's going on (and there is only 1 repair center in san diego). im under the impression that downgrading to 2.09 or 2.17 will brick the phone, even if i dont care about the bootloader and radio (they might not check that if i just bring it straight to the manager and say look, it says 6.0), is this correct?

does anybody have any other suggestions for me?

im currently running:
rom: 3.35.no2.5059
radio: 3.35.04
windows mobile 6.1 pro CE OS 5.2.19292 (build 19202.1.0.0)

my phone currently works except one of the soft buttons on the front and the blue function button on the keyboard, so i would rather have a crippled phone than brick and have to buy a new one.

any help is much appreciated, so thanks in advance.
-Ryan
Download and install the stock OEM HTC 3.35 ROM package from the HTC site, then bring it in for replacement.

HTC/Sprint 3.35 ROM Download and Instructions
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

ryan00davis is a n00b

wow, definitely didnt see that, everywhere i looked on their website i could only find the older roms, thank you.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Himmad is a n00b

Just a question, I too have to take mine in for warranty but dont we need to relock the phone before running the HTC 3.35?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:36 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

*bump*

now you can relock to 2.07 factory bootloader. Thanks to no2chem

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30560
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Lurker

l00kster is a n00b

Anyone have the password for the SD relocker? The file is password protected on the FTP site. I need to relock to the 1.06 bootloader because the stock Verizon rom is non-gps hence I can't use the nueSPL relocker.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker

I don't have the password, but here's the file. As long as you relock, when you revert to the stock verizon rom (which I assume you have) the phone won't brick. I've done it twice now for returns.

NOTE: I couldn't be bothered to actually zip the file, so I just renamed the extension. Make sure your extensions aren't hidden and rename it to an exe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Titan_Relocker.zip (1.08 MB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Lurker

l00kster is a n00b

Hmm that's the one you run from the PC. I need the SD one. I'm not sure if it's any different. Do I just rename the StockSPL_1.06_RUU_signed.nbh file in there to TITAIMG.nbh and put that on my SD card? Or is the actual SDcard one different?

Does anyone know the process to relock using the microSD card?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ssstonebraker is a n00b

I'm having the same issue, please advise!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This relocker is outdated, no2chem made a new version which uses the SD card nueRelocker

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development