PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

Take a look at the later posts in there, thats not exactly "everyone" also check out this thread in the vogue forum it helps explain it a little better:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082
Old 05-13-2008, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker

Right, I've read that. You downgraded your mogul and got a brick, right? I can deal with that, a brick does not void warranty.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Ok for what its worth, its POSSIBLE (at least on the surface level) to downgrade from GPS to Non-GPS. The prob is that even if your successful, at a lower level the radio is still actually a GPS radio with the infamous 785 header. Now surface level it will show 1.XX radio and it will not access GPS, basically it will act, look, and feel just like the actual non-GPS. that being said, you can encounter compatibility issues, not sure what perhaps ImCoKeMan can elaborate, also you can brick either during the downgrade or when upgrading again... or you could NEVER have a single problem. There's several reports of those that have been successful, usually to revert settings AFTER running customizations from another carrier, but its not recommended to attempt...

I recall when a buddy of mine, got a new mogul that had 3.35 ROM Stock - he accidentally flashed the wrong unlocker (1.20 Olipro). So then to recover he flashed 2.16 stock (to be able to boot into OS), then Olipro 2.40, then back to 3.35 (radio showed it went to 1.XX) then finally custom r0m. So knowing that...

Originally i argued with ImCoKeMaN that this is possible, to which i got the response that its not possible, just dont do it! After i poked and prodded (and of course researched) i was able to find more details, and now i understand why ImCoKeMaN said what he said.

To those that have downgraded, or flashed Radio's from other devices, ImCoKeMaN has 2 threads for research on problems - one for the titan, one for the touch. If you are one of those people that have downgraded or successfully flashed a radio from another device, please find these threads and post the info request by ImCoKeMaN.

*edit* direct links to prev mentioned threads...
LOW LEVEL Titan Radio version info gathering thread (mtty needed)
LOW LEVEL Vogue Radio version info gathering thread (mtty needed)

Last edited by puff; 05-14-2008 at 08:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thug4life is a n00b

what is the link to download the relocker?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thug4life is a n00b

I am trying to upgrade my radio...how do i do that?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thug4life View Post
I am trying to upgrade my radio...how do i do that?
this is a Relocking thread. try the search button or stickies for upgrading.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
N00b

bothibodeaux is a n00b

so you can not re lock tye phone if you have had the 3.35 update, and after that added oli pro correct?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc mogul

lucky051779 is a n00b

i had the same problem and when i reloaded the 2.17 rom, it took but when it booted up it said no radio and it goes dead
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc mogul

lucky051779 is a n00b

i did th above mentioned steps..did it seam like forever for the 2.17 rom to load?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

I need to figure out how to relock my titan by tomorrow morning because I need to get a replacement. All of my external buttons went dead on me and I have to take it in for insurance claim. I'm now using a stock rom wit the rev a and gps ...Please help me!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development