PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

EDIT: This is no longer current after GPS came out, please see the nueSPL Relocker for the newer relocking option:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30560

From the creator of the wm5 "upgrades" for the wm6 Titan comes a relocker to undo the Hard-SPL.

This is compatible with windows XP, please do not use on Vista at this time (unless you are sure you have modaco drivers installed)!

This program will flash a stock 1.06 bootloader to your device to remove the Hard-SPL. In general if you don't understand exactly what this is doing it probably is not for you. It does not give you any additional features, but it might make you feel more comfortable if you are getting warranty work done.

Run the exe and follow EVERY step of the instructions and you should be good to go. If you get stuck in bootloader with vista read the stuck in bootloader thread for links to different drivers. Other then that the standard disable USB in activesync will allow the included exit bootloader program to work.

Thanks go to Olipro for the help with the original Hard-SPL, I also used his modification to the Pof JumpSPL for the loader.
Thanks to Colonel and Luv2chill for testing and helping to clear up my poor instructions

and the link:

Titan_Relocker.exe is still on the FTP, but i removed this link because i want to make something abundantly clear first:
DO NOT USE THE RELOCKER FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO GPS ROMS, OR REVERTING BACK AFTER GPS UPDATE.
(see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082 in vogue forum for more info. Vogue has different version numbers, but same principles)

Notes:

Has run fine on Vista for myself and others, but it might be good to have an xp box too

USB must work for this to flash, if you are worried about USB issues you should run this before it becomes a problem.

Make sure you are comfortable with exit bootloader steps first (disabling USB activesync and making sure you have the right drivers if in vista)

Flashing a rom will also exit bootloader and can be done from the 3 color screen.

CPLD-9 is just part of the stock 1.06 bl (from sprint 2.16) do not be worried by that. Also RUUNBH in top right corner will go away next time you enter BL

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 07-30-2008 at 06:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Nice work!

PS...I think you posted this in the Touch forum in lieu of the Titan forum...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 11-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
Thanks!

I suppose it doesn't matter what flavor rom u have on when locking?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Well the only point of this is to go back to stock so i'd flash this then flash the stock rom next if you were worried about warranty coverage for something minor.

PS: It looks like the titan thread to me =) (good catch)
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
good deal..just making sure stock wasn't need prior to locking..downloaded but I hope I never need it..good work though
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Incidentally it worked fine for me on Vista but unless you've installed the old RUU drivers (the modaco thread) then you'll likely be stuck in bootloader at the end.

To me that's no big deal because the easiest fix for that is to just flash a stock ROM--which you'd likely be doing anyway if you're trying to put the stock bootloader back on.

Thanks to ImCoKeMaN for all his hard work on this!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Thanks for the clarification, i think i'll leave my warnings in the first post for now so the one's that don't feel like reading won't jump in and complain about being stuck in bootloader though. But, it is true that the only real reason for this is to flash a stock rom anyway.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Thanks, it's nice to have the option. Has anyone been denied anything because they had a "custom" bootloader?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

starmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIP
Thumbs up

Thanks to all who made possible as my d-pad stoped working and have be holding back on going to get fixed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started
Thank you so much! I was waiting for this to do the unlock!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development