PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

yahknow1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: official GB when?

I've been running EG22 for a week now and EVERYTHING I've tried is working as it should. Battery is very good too. I'm using the pre-rooted leak, I can't see moving off this until something really great appears?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartmen View Post
That's just an excuse is all. I say that by now we should demand 2.3.5 and even demand ice cream sandwich. Ics only because I like operating systems that are under development and not on any retail phones. If I could I would run ics and even its replacement whatever it will be called. I think ics will be android 2.4 or 2.5 and that it will be like windows me and windows 2000 before windows xp came out. That is some elements of windows nt but still based off of 9x code so in this case ics is based off of gingerbread but with some honeycomb in it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
+1 on everything you said and if its possible we should demand Android 4.0 (wonder what that would be like) well ok not that far yet but i would like some ICS android on my epic

Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
I've been running EG22 for a week now and EVERYTHING I've tried is working as it should. Battery is very good too. I'm using the pre-rooted leak, I can't see moving off this until something really great appears?
Ive read many posters saying that they have had issues with drop calls bad reception bad data connection speed

have you had any issue like this at all and are you running with the stock launcher and stock theme or custom launcher and custom theme?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

yet no official GB for the EPIC and samsung is about to announce officially the
SGSIIEPIC4G Touch (or something like that ,long as name for a phone) seems like the epic is just going to be put on the back of their mind and we will never see GB let alone ICS on this phone. They should just release the source and let the Developers work out the kinks in it which they do even when official releases are made.

Dont care if its either the carrier or manufacturer that is responsible for releasing the upgrade just release it already also didnt they signed up along with all the other carriers and manufacturers to release/update their phones as soon as new update were available GB is actually already old yet we dont have it...

Sorry just had to rant a little bit
Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
yet no official GB for the EPIC and samsung is about to announce officially the
SGSIIEPIC4G Touch (or something like that ,long as name for a phone) seems like the epic is just going to be put on the back of their mind and we will never see GB let alone ICS on this phone. They should just release the source and let the Developers work out the kinks in it which they do even when official releases are made.

Dont care if its either the carrier or manufacturer that is responsible for releasing the upgrade just release it already also didnt they signed up along with all the other carriers and manufacturers to release/update their phones as soon as new update were available GB is actually already old yet we dont have it...

Sorry just had to rant a little bit

GB is not that old...and yes they did agree to it but there really was no consequences..that said I am pretty sure we will see Gingerbread..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

when will we see GB is the question when i tell you when oooo the humanity .... LOL

I think this phone will get GB after everyone has moved onto newer phones .. Well atleast it seems like it also i wonder if when they do release official GB if its going to be bugless or be like Froyo.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Im actually so happy with my epic I may not get touch 4g till prices drop plus I got a duelcore photo and it dont seem faster than oc'd epic.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Im actually so happy with my epic I may not get touch 4g till prices drop plus I got a duelcore photo and it dont seem faster than oc'd epic.
I think the only phone that would get me from the Epic right now is the Nexus Prime.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I am waiting on a quad core...phones don't make good use of multiple cores yet and by time quad core comes out that will be more of a reality..I am also semi waiting for sprint to start including new modems...I don't care if its Rev B or LTE..just something faster that actually reaches my area...

oh and I need a keyboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
when will we see GB is the question when i tell you when oooo the humanity .... LOL

I think this phone will get GB after everyone has moved onto newer phones .. Well atleast it seems like it also i wonder if when they do release official GB if its going to be bugless or be like Froyo.
Well Evo got it 2 weeks before Evo 3d came out..so 2 weeks before the Epic Touch 4g comes out? aka first week of September my guess..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This is my first samsung device and Im just curious is Samsung always this slow on pushing out updates for older models...

I think my next phone will have to be a google product just because it seems other mnfr's just dont give a dam...

This is not to say that Im not in love with my phone its just it appears that they dont care on updating there equipment.

All I can say is thanks to the devs!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G