PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
official GB when?

See many leaks but no official GB yet? Many said it was going to be released on 6/20/11 but nothing does anyone have any new info on it. Want to try the leaks but seen some people have had issues and one guy couldn't make his phone work anymore so I prefer to wait

Old 06-23-2011, 12:19 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: official GB when?

Well we saw the rtf for ef16 that noobln posted so we're looking at least another week at least.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Will this be an "official" Sprint upgrade to Gingerbread or just another ROM? I am hopeful of the battery-saving workings of Gingerbread compared to the current Android 2.2! I have reduced my sync frequency and that has helped some, but nowhere near as much as my EVO friends who have already been upgraded to Gingerbread.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:10 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Will this be an "official" Sprint upgrade to Gingerbread or just another ROM? I am hopeful of the battery-saving workings of Gingerbread compared to the current Android 2.2! I have reduced my sync frequency and that has helped some, but nowhere near as much as my EVO friends who have already been upgraded to Gingerbread.
Nothing official yet. Remember how long it took to get from dk28 to eb13. I'm running the i1 rom on the ec05 modem and it seems to be decent.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Nothing official yet. Remember how long it took to get from dk28 to eb13. I'm running the i1 rom on the ec05 modem and it seems to be decent.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk
The delay from DK28->EB13 was due to carriers wanted assurance that phones wont brick during the update process..I don't think it will be that long this time around..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

So how come the Sprint HTC EVO already had the update to Gingerbread pushed out?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
So how come the Sprint HTC EVO already had the update to Gingerbread pushed out?
Because to Sprint the Evo is their signature brand..so they are more interested in pushing it out faster..that said I have been hearing a lot of issues with the Evo gingerbread update. My guess is sprint pushed ot to match the Motorola Droid..

Also GB is a minor update for the Evo while for us its Major due to Hummingbird optimizations.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

well where does the ef10 update come from. Why is it that people over at xda are getting the an official update

Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
well where does the ef10 update come from. Why is it that people over at xda are getting the an official update
IF people are getting it OTA prob means its an RC similar to DK28...
Old 06-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tp2
Carrier: Thieves

Russiankungfu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I aswell with to get gingerloaf thing! My comrad gave me this fone and I wish to sail the seas!

Sent from moter russia

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G