PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
At this time, the only reason I want Gingerbread is because the battery life on my Epic 4G is horrendous! Unless I carry around a charger or spare battery, my standard battery will die before the work day is complete. I really hope gingerbread has helped extend my battery life.
You guys need to oc/uv, im @1300 oc and getting 16hrs with few calls heavy texting hour between surfing web/gamming

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

The Root is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The EVO had standardized, mid-ranged output hardware. It didn't take as much effort.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-31-2011, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

yahknow1 is just getting started
Re: official GB when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
At this time, the only reason I want Gingerbread is because the battery life on my Epic 4G is horrendous! Unless I carry around a charger or spare battery, my standard battery will die before the work day is complete. I really hope gingerbread has helped extend my battery life.
I've been running the leaked EG22 for a little over two days now and my battery life has NEVER been this good on any rom! ( my version is the rooted Deodexed + busybox from XDA) I used the phone both days at just under normal levels and the battery just below 50% at the end of the day! I'm happy with it.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Question Re: official GB when?

epic beeing the best phone aorund i dont know why is the last on getting this official gingerbread update or ROM. and every other company and their mother already have gingerbread.. i just dont understand why this long...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Still no official !

Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

ecartmen is just getting started
I say we get gb sept to oct as a farwell sendoff to the epic. I think a few more builds needs to be done. Battery indecator is way off it will say half but after rebot I am in the red. Also still over heats when charging. But I don't have air conditioning. Also it should be 2.3.5

Old 08-01-2011, 10:44 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecartmen View Post
I say we get gb sept to oct as a farwell sendoff to the epic. I think a few more builds needs to be done. Battery indecator is way off it will say half but after rebot I am in the red. Also still over heats when charging. But I don't have air conditioning. Also it should be 2.3.5

2.3.5 is a build just to help the Nexus S with its signal issues. No other device even has official 2.3.4 yet.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
2.3.5 is a build just to help the Nexus S with its signal issues. No other device even has official 2.3.4 yet.
not true...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/01/k...medium=twitter

And yes..I don't understand it either :/..out of all the phones...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-02-2011, 06:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

ecartmen is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
That's just an excuse is all. I say that by now we should demand 2.3.5 and even demand ice cream sandwich. Ics only because I like operating systems that are under development and not on any retail phones. If I could I would run ics and even its replacement whatever it will be called. I think ics will be android 2.4 or 2.5 and that it will be like windows me and windows 2000 before windows xp came out. That is some elements of windows nt but still based off of 9x code so in this case ics is based off of gingerbread but with some honeycomb in it

Old 08-04-2011, 07:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

avlon is just getting started

I've run the last 2 leaks and I have to say that EG22 is pretty solid for me. I had Netflix and video Skype running perfectly for over a month and pretty solid wifi tethering to my Asus Transformer on the road.

Funny thing is that DK28 ran better for me than EB13 or even EC05 ever did. To this day DK28 is still the only somewhat official rom that Syncs my Facebook photos to my contacts perfectly. Every rom after that will only show the original gmail picture.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G