PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint
Threadstarter

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Protection Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
Update on the Sprint OEM hard case...

After using it for 2 weeks now I can honestly say that is is worth buying. I bought the same OEM hard case for my TP2 and I returned it in 2 days because it was impossible to remove. This one has no such problem. The back cover is very simple to remove and I don't have that "am I going to break one of the tabs off this time?" feeling when I open it. Once its on it is very secure and the rubberized exterior keeps it from sliding around the center arm rest of my truck while I am driving.

Good construction, good functionality, and it looks nice too.

And just in case you don't want to drive down to the Sprint store, here is the link to buy one online:

Sprint - All Accessories
Do you see any signs of damage to the phone when you take off the case? thats my biggest issue with buying a hard case..
Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
Do you see any signs of damage to the phone when you take off the case? thats my biggest issue with buying a hard case..
No damage at all. I took the case off this morning and looked at it and it looks perfect. One thing I did notice is that dust had collected around the inside of the top piece and therefore also around the bezel ring around the screen. I cleaned them both and the phone still looks perfect. No scratches, nothing. Of course, the dust is a product of my work place, so it didn't surprise me when I saw it. I live in Florida a stone's throw from the beach and sand is an issue everywhere here. Plus I spend a lot of time at work outside with my phone in my pocket. Most people will probably not have this problem.

I might still order the Seidio Surface just to compare, but all in all this case is really great.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Guys.. I ended up going with the best buy seido case.. Im glad i did.. Fit is Great, and it feels great in your hands.. It gives it a nice heavier feel so it doesnt feel as cheesy. and it doesnt add that much size at all. And the way it snaps in i dont really see it doing much damage.. Ill snap some pics in a few
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

updated my review..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1942506-post2.html

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 09-19-2010 at 01:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
glad you tried this one... somebody at XDA plastered the link on 20 diff forums so some mod deleted him... almost pulled the trigger today.. sedio here i come.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Screen Protector Reviews

dam gTen you just gonna jack my thread like that.. :P
Old 09-24-2010, 07:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
dam gTen you just gonna jack my thread like that.. :P
Hey..do you have any proof I did it aside from my name mentioned, a indicator that says "Last edited by gTen; Today at 07:14 PM." and link to a wiki which has history logs of me editing it ?

Though on bright side it may get more thanks now that its a sticky...so its all good >.> lol
Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Review for Realook Screen Protector for the Sprint Epic 4G

www.realook.us

On a scale of 1-10 I initially gave this screen protector a solid 10. After a couple of weeks I have decided to downgrade it slightly to a 9.5. After all, in a perfect world, everything should be perfect, and this screen protector has one (very minor) flaw that could be improved. See the section on "Durability" below.

Clarity - the Realook screen protector is so crystal clear that it becomes completely invisible once applied. There are no rainbows, lines or discoloration at all, and it does not reduce the clarity of the screen at all.

Form - the Realook is custom cut to fit the Epic screen perfectly, complete with a cutout for the speaker at the top of the screen. Once applied you cannot see that there is a screen protector there at all.

Ease of Installation - the Realook does not use any adhesives or chemicals to apply. It is a simple magnetic / static cling application. It has a protective plastic screen on each side to keep it clean and clear until applied. You simply line it up and lay it across the screen. If you don't get it lined up perfectly the first time, simply peel it back, realign and reapply. It comes with a micro fiber cloth to clean the screen prior to application as well as a small hard cardboard squeegee to squeeze out any bubbles. It took me a couple of tries to get it lined up straight, but once I got it it practically vanished as I applied it.

Feel - while the Realook does not quite feel as smooth as actual glass when you slide your finger across the screen, its is very close. As long as you finger is clean and dry it will glide across the screen smoothly and effortlessly and does indeed feel exactly like the original glass. If your finger is damp, greasy or dirty you will be able to tell that there is a plastic coating over the screen, but it still functions extremely well.

Maintenance - the Realook repels fingerprints better than naked glass. Of course a greasy finger will leave a fingerprint anywhere, but they are less visible on this screen protector and very easy to clean. The included micro fiber cloth is, of course, the best thing to use to clean the screen - but who carries that around with them? A clean corner of a T-shirt leaves the Realook crystal clear and clean in seconds.

Durability - After having this screen protector on my phone for a couple of weeks I realized that the one thing they could improve is how well it resists scratching. I keep my phone in my pocket most of the day and occasionally I forget which pocket its in and I'll drop my keys in the same pocket. I pulled it out yesterday and discovered a small scratch across the bottom corner of the screen. Now, I understand that this is EXACTLY the reason we use screen protectors - the scratch did not go all the way through to the actual screen, so it did its job. But with so many other products out there like BodyguaurdZ that are clear AND scratch resistant, I would have been happier if this was a little harder to scratch. Its a small scratch and its only visible when the phone is turned off - as soon as the screen comes on is disappears - so I am still extremely happy with the Realook screen protector. The only reason I dropped my rating from a 10 to a 9.5 is, like I said, in a perfect world, it would be perfect. In this case, its almost perfect.

Overall Quality - the Realook looks and feels like an excellent product, and at $10.99 for a pack of 2, its a pretty good price too. If you are looking for a crystal clear, easy to apply, easy to maintain screen protector that is custom cut for your screen and virtually disappears once applied, this is the screen protector you want.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 10-20-2010 at 06:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Hey..do you have any proof I did it aside from my name mentioned, a indicator that says "Last edited by gTen; Today at 07:14 PM." and link to a wiki which has history logs of me editing it ?

Though on bright side it may get more thanks now that its a sticky...so its all good >.> lol
Haha. True

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
nous défions

Updated my review of the Realook Screen Protector (look up to post #18 )

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories