PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protector Reviews

Bought two different sets of Screen Protectors form ebay and they both sucked. First one had the pre-cut sensor layout, had a rainbow effect to it, so its gone. Second had no pre-cut sensor, still worked fine, but still had a rainbow effect and hard to keep bubbles out. Glad I spent only about $6 on both sets.

Anyways I see you all talk highly about the REALOOK Screen Protector, does that one have any Rainbow Effect? Also what does it mean when you said the REALOOK is Magnetic?

dja2k
Old 10-17-2010, 04:51 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
Bought two different sets of Screen Protectors form ebay and they both sucked. First one had the pre-cut sensor layout, had a rainbow effect to it, so its gone. Second had no pre-cut sensor, still worked fine, but still had a rainbow effect and hard to keep bubbles out. Glad I spent only about $6 on both sets.

Anyways I see you all talk highly about the REALOOK Screen Protector, does that one have any Rainbow Effect? Also what does it mean when you said the REALOOK is Magnetic?

dja2k
Screen protectors come in different types...some come with a glue solution, others have one side of the screen protector sticky, magnetic means its not sticky at all..but when it make contact with the glass it bonds to it...if you owned a TP2 and got a Screen protector with it that would be it...also if you remember when you took off that in box protector on the screen when you first opened your epic..noticed when you pealed it off it wasn't sticky? but you could have put it back on and it would stick to the screen regardless.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
dja2k
It is more of a "static cling" than magnetic. And, yes, there is a slight rainbow effect. It doesn't change the color of the screen images, but the reflection of fluorescent overhead lights, for example, have some rainbow coloring in them.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
It is more of a "static cling" than magnetic. And, yes, there is a slight rainbow effect. It doesn't change the color of the screen images, but the reflection of fluorescent overhead lights, for example, have some rainbow coloring in them.
I have had the Realook screen protector on my Epic for a few weeks now and I have never noticed any rainbow effect, not even at work where all we have is fluorescent lights.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:59 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Just put on one called "XtremeGuard". I had one from the same seller on my Moment and it is the best screen protector I've used on a device. You can hardly tell it's there, and it is slick to the touch unlike many I've used. These do require some soapy water to apply. I tried without water on the first one, and once it sticks to the screen when dry it doesn't come off without stretching it beyond use.

here's a link, it was $3.99 XtremeGUARD Samsung Epic Clear Screen Protector Cover - eBay (item 320588313347 end time Nov-08-10 16:18:25 PST)

Some reviews from xda XtremeGuard screen protector - xda-developers
Xtreme guard protector screens - xda-developers

Well worth the money IMO!

Last edited by gullzway; 10-21-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I just ordered another one of these as a backup, they're $2.49 now with Free Shipping!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Flash_C4 is just getting started

Quote:

dja2k
How long did you leave the screen protector on? I'm currently using one of the XtremeGuard protectors and when I first put it on I loved the way if felt but it looked horrible. It had what you might call a "rainbow effect" but after half a day it became crystal clear.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_C4 View Post
How long did you leave the screen protector on? I'm currently using one of the XtremeGuard protectors and when I first put it on I loved the way if felt but it looked horrible. It had what you might call a "rainbow effect" but after half a day it became crystal clear.
Depends on the quality of the protector or if the protector gets damage and etc...Ive had my stock protector on a tp2 for over a year..
Old 11-26-2010, 02:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Flash_C4 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Depends on the quality of the protector or if the protector gets damage and etc...Ive had my stock protector on a tp2 for over a year..
No I meant how long did he leave it on before he took it off because of the "rainbow effect". If he put it on and then said, "Wow, this looks like crap" and then immediately took it off then depending on the screen protector he probably took it off before it had a chance to clear up. I don't think that some people realize that a lot of the screen protectors really do get better with age.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just an update on the Realook. Still working and looking great and I've had it on there for a couple of months now. I have a spare, but I honestly don't know when I'll need to use it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories