PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 04:26 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new epic, looking for screen protector and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
I agree completely. Applied mine yesterday. It seems to be about a millimeter too short, but I suppose if I had centered it better it would have a half millimeter at top and bottom.
If you line it up at the bottom of the screen perfectly there will be a hairline gap at the top, but considering the cutout for the speaker you can't even notice it. I also have a hard case and that covers that hairline space, so on my phone you could inspect it with a magnifying glass and never tell it has a screen protector on it.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
I also went with the Realook screen protector and I really like it. I have had phantom skinz, bodyguardz and others, but this one is by far much better than all of them. phantom skinz was my fav b4 and I started to get the chromatics, but decideed not to after getting the seidio innocase from best buy.

there are some tips I can gice for applying it though:

1) wash hands well before starting
2) do the entire process in a steamy bathroom, this aids in controlling dust in the air.
3) follow directions provided...
4) the protector is covered by screen covers on either side, remember which is the sticky side and which is the front.
5) apply the protector from the top speaker cut out and guide it down, using the provided stick thing.
6) there will be air bubbles and some water from the steam...just pushed them all out. I had only one very small air pocket and it is slowly going away.

oh yeah, I notice that the realook protector actually looks good from the moment u put it on and wipe it the first time. there was no loss of function or the slick glass feel....its close to perfect.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fireballmonkey is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fireballmonkey

I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would pay $20, $15, $10, or even $5 for a screen protector when you can get them much cheaper on eBay.

After reading through this thread and contemplating, I said screw it and bought a pack of 2 for about $3, including shipping. They are laser-cut perfectly to the size of my Epic's screen, and the adhesive is not the nasty kind that leaves residue. Granted, one of them got slightly damaged during shipping. But still, why would you pay more? You're just going to use it until it gets all scratched up and then throw it away and put on a new one. And anyway, there are only so many ways you can make a sheet of plastic, and I doubt the expensive ones are really much different than the cheap ones.
Previous
Smartphones: Treo 700p (Verizon), Centro (Sprint), Touch Pro (Sprint)
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
There are differences between screen protectors. I also purchased some on ebay. They were crap since they were a rubbery feel. Then I got the ones from sprint and those are decent. Only problem is that it doesn't cover all front of my phone. Then I tried stealthguards instead of zagg and those are just like zagg but with a better fit. Even the back cover is great. Thats why I joined their free affiliate program. Right now they are offering them for free and trust me they are way bettet than most on ebay.

*mod edit*

Last edited by gTen; 10-14-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
There are differences between screen protectors. I also purchased some on ebay. They were crap since they were a rubbery feel. Then I got the ones from sprint and those are decent. Only problem is that it doesn't cover all front of my phone. Then I tried stealthguards instead of zagg and those are just like zagg but with a better fit. Even the back cover is great. Thats why I joined their free affiliate program. Right now they are offering them for free and trust me they are way bettet than most on ebay.

*mod edit*

Yeah I got a set of those free stealth guards. I don't think I've ever been more dissapointed in a free item in my entire life. Straight from the mailbox to the trash

Did I help? The is down to the right

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fireballmonkey is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fireballmonkey

Interesting. Well, the ones I got are not rubbery, and as I said before, they fit perfectly. I am also not interested in sticking crap all over my phone; all I need protected is the screen, so the Stealth Guards are a little excessive for me.

If anyone is interested in finding good ones on eBay, here is the listing for the ones I got. They are branded "ClearGuardz" and I got them from seller "wirelessflavor". But I saw a lot of other ones that looked exactly the same from other sellers. There are TONS of them for under $5.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey fireballmonkey,

We have a wiki page that talks about screen protectors. You should check it out and then write a review of what you are using.

Start by going here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...r-reviews.html

Then write your review and post the link to it here:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...een_Protectors

The more we update the stickied threads and the wikis, the better product we will have and the less searching people will have to do when they want info.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Oh hell yeah, the Realook Screen Protectors are by far better than those cheap ones on Ebay. The Realook screen protectors look like there is nothing on there. I tried two from Ebay with bad rainbow effect and didn't feel that good to the touch.

I followed my previous method to install screen protectors which is as follows.

1. Make your bathroom steamy hot and turn off air conditioner.
2. Clean phone with cloth and make sure there is no dust or lint on the screen.
3. Remove both tabs of the screen protector leaving it fully exposed.
4. Run it through worm water and let it rest for a few minutes until most water dries.
5. Put protector on Phone from side to side not up and down which works better to align.
6. Then use the card to throw out bubbles and water out from both sides.
7. With a little more pressure than normal, use the cloth to press down on the screen while you clean it.
8. Once all visible bubbles and water is gone, set the phone up-side down for a few minutes.
9. Should turn out perfect at least it did on mine .
10. Check it out but excuse the blurriness, pic was taken without flash.

dja2k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000520.jpg (642.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg P1000523.jpg (617.0 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dja2k; 10-21-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You should try stealthguards. I put it on my evo including the back protector. If you use the liquid solution to put it on you can get on without any bubbles and its really good quality. Just as good or even better than zagg. Checkout link below. They are still giving them away for free.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 10-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

I really don't like Zagg or any similar because it feels too rubbery for my taste, but if you can tolerate that, then yes its better protection.

dja2k

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories