PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cloudtp2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new epic, looking for screen protector and tips

got an epic today. sold my tp2, kinda wish i should have yet though, to to make sure i really like this phone. i miss the keyboard, and the tilt screen.
other than though, this phone is britty cool.
im looks for accessorys. i got a screen protector but i hate it. its from sprint. expensive as hell to, ($17 FOR 3.) the screen protector only covers the screen
im looking for 1 that will cover the whole face, including the buttons on the bottom.
also whats a good case to get for it. everytime i get a chipo one it starts to peel off and warp. i end up throwing it away after a month.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: new epic, looking for screen protector and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
i got a screen protector but i hate it. its from sprint. expensive as hell to, ($17 FOR 3.) the screen protector only covers the screen
im looking for 1 that will cover the whole face, including the buttons on the bottom.

WHAAAAAAA?? The Sprint endorsed screen protector that I just paid $17 for doesn't cover the whole face? Well I'm glad I didn't open the package that useless piece of junk is going straight back to the store, thanks for the tip!

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 09-01-2010, 06:30 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There are a lot of posts all over PPCG about phone accessories that can help you out. I suggest browsing the TP2 section, since they are almost identical physically. I have read a lot of good things about BodyGuardz and the Seidio Innocase line. I am going to pick up the Innocase today and try it out. I'll come back and post here in a day or two with some feedback.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i also bought said screen protectors. they do only cover the perfect 4 inches of screen and not one bit more. the reason the dont cover the entire face is because 2 are anti glare and one is privacy. meaning all three of them are tinted in a way and would prolly jack up the use of the front facing camera or proximity sensor. i havent used the privacy one yet because its REALLY dark. the anti glare ones give the screen a funny look to it that i didnt like at first, but have gotten used to. also i didnt pay 17 bucks. am i the only one how got 25 percent off accesorys? i got the dock and the screen protectors for 40 total. enough about screen protectors, im not a huge fan of this dock. every time i put the phone on it it touches the volume rocker and will turn the phone down anywhere from 1 level to all the way. i do have the audoi line out going to my computer so i can speaker phone through the phones mic and the speakers on my computer. the phone doesnt seem to go in to "dock mode" as i read it would. thats all i know. hope i helped.
btw, here is the dock i purchased...

edit. after reading the instuctions a bit, i see you have to download the samsung dock mode app. ****ing stupid. i am starting to get pissed that everything needs a ****ing app!

Last edited by austin420; 09-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

why would you get a screen protector, these things have gorilla glass
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
why would you get a screen protector, these things have gorilla glass
anti glare... and besides, glass scratches. i can look at my dads iphone screen and see tons of little swirls. no big deep scratches but tons of little swishes all over it. why not put a screen protector on your several he=undred dollar investment?
http://androidforums.com/motorola-dr...oid-x-lie.html

Last edited by austin420; 09-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
edit. after reading the instuctions a bit, i see you have to download the samsung dock mode app. ****ing stupid. i am starting to get pissed that everything needs a ****ing app!
Does the physical dock have instruction how to download the dock app? I don't have the physical dock, but I want the app and I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks-
Jason
Old 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM

its in the market. i just searched for "samsung desktop app" and got it. its free. is called "desk home". it does turn on just by selecting the app although the manual implies it only turns on when you put it on the cradle. as of now, i WOULD NOT recomend this cradle. it turns the volume down all the way EVERY time i dock it. if yall cant tell, im kinda mad about it.

Last edited by austin420; 09-01-2010 at 12:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

ZAGG has a front screen protector on their website.

Anyone has know of any protectors out?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g - Touch Pro 2

beta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
its in the market. i just searched for "samsung desktop app" and got it. its free. is called "desk home". it does turn on just by selecting the app although the manual implies it only turns on when you put it on the cradle. as of now, i WOULD NOT recomend this cradle. it turns the volume down all the way EVERY time i dock it. if yall cant tell, im kinda mad about it.

Also purchased the dock but didn't have that issue, Now the app would change volume for some reason so I removed it and reloaded it and has worked great since.

Touch Pro 2 - Energy Dinik Rom (Aug 2
Epic 4g - Custom kernal

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories