PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

TrePaul86 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM help

Did some looking around and found this for those having issues like me with using the verizon upgrade tool for the CF03 update.

http://209.131.15.68/CF03/CF03.rar

It's the CF03.img file so you can use UMDL and do it yourself. Good luck! Just flashed my 910 to the CF03 now I'm going to load Bgill55's CF03 ROM. Woohoo!

Last edited by TrePaul86; 07-31-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dearls1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
That part is slightly more complicated. But I'll try to clear it up for you:

1) XP = Download ActiveSync if you don't already have it. Vista = Download Windows Mobile Device Center if you don't already have it
2) Be sure to flash to CF03 FIRST!
3) Download 'Samsung Omnia UDML' from this site (it's linked over on the right side of the page, bout halfway down)
4) Download the custom 6.5 ROM you want from your favorite chef's thread (like the one you linked to earlier). Usually when you download the file it will be in either .rar or .7z format. You'll need to unzip it first, after which it will be in .bin fomat.
5) If using XP, open Active Sync and go into settings and disable the 'Allow USB Connections' setting. If using Vista, do the same but do it in Windows Mobile Device Center Settings
6) Open UDML (the one you downloaded from idoctor)
7) Click the 'PDA' button on the left and search for the .bin file you just downloaded from the chef. Click 'Open'
8 )Turn off your phone (completely off!!! not just asleep)
9) Click the 'Detect' button toward the bottom left of UDML
10) While still off, plug your phone into your computer via USB
11) Turn the phone on
12) Let the utility run for about 5-10 minutes to complete the flash

Congrats! You are now on a custom 6.5 ROM
Do you still need to do all this if you already have done the stock upgrade that was just released from verizon? just dont want to mess it up, havent done flashing roms for about 2 years and am just getting back into it
thanks, Don
Old 08-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearls1 View Post
Do you still need to do all this if you already have done the stock upgrade that was just released from verizon? just dont want to mess it up, havent done flashing roms for about 2 years and am just getting back into it
thanks, Don
If you want to start flashing to cooked ROMs and have already flashed to the official CF03 from Samsung, then you still need to follow all the steps I posted, but just skip step 2.

If you want to just stay on the Samsung ROM, then you're done and don't need to do anything else
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia