PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

TrePaul86 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM help

So I'm looking to flash to one of the newer roms cooked for CF03 and can't find CF03 download... Tried looking around here, but all I find is people who have ROMs cooked for CF03...

Anyone help on this?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75216

Plan on using that 6.5....

Or do other people have any other favorites with this new CF03 that's out?

Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: New ROM help

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
So I'm looking to flash to one of the newer roms cooked for CF03 and can't find CF03 download... Tried looking around here, but all I find is people who have ROMs cooked for CF03...

Anyone help on this?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75216

Plan on using that 6.5....

Or do other people have any other favorites with this new CF03 that's out?

Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction!
If you are looking to flash to CF03, go to the site linked below, choose your operating system, download the tool, and then follow the on-screen instructions:

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...0&AT_ID=157996
Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

K, so once I install that CF03 (that you can get from the Vzw site) All I have to do is load one of the CF03 Roms that are starting to pop up?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
K, so once I install that CF03 (that you can get from the Vzw site) All I have to do is load one of the CF03 Roms that are starting to pop up?
That part is slightly more complicated. But I'll try to clear it up for you:

1) XP = Download ActiveSync if you don't already have it. Vista = Download Windows Mobile Device Center if you don't already have it
2) Be sure to flash to CF03 FIRST!
3) Download 'Samsung Omnia UDML' from this site (it's linked over on the right side of the page, bout halfway down)
4) Download the custom 6.5 ROM you want from your favorite chef's thread (like the one you linked to earlier). Usually when you download the file it will be in either .rar or .7z format. You'll need to unzip it first, after which it will be in .bin fomat.
5) If using XP, open Active Sync and go into settings and disable the 'Allow USB Connections' setting. If using Vista, do the same but do it in Windows Mobile Device Center Settings
6) Open UDML (the one you downloaded from idoctor)
7) Click the 'PDA' button on the left and search for the .bin file you just downloaded from the chef. Click 'Open'
8 )Turn off your phone (completely off!!! not just asleep)
9) Click the 'Detect' button toward the bottom left of UDML
10) While still off, plug your phone into your computer via USB
11) Turn the phone on
12) Let the utility run for about 5-10 minutes to complete the flash

Congrats! You are now on a custom 6.5 ROM
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the quick play by play! Can't wait to try it out...

Any differences with these cooked 6.5 roms on CF03 over the 6.5 roms on the CC20?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Thanks for the quick play by play! Can't wait to try it out...

Any differences with these cooked 6.5 roms on CF03 over the 6.5 roms on the CC20?
Not really... at the moment, at least

Although from this point on the chefs will now be cooking off of the CF03 base only - no longer the CC20 base
Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

frankfmoney is becoming a great contributor

Shouldn't this have been posted in the main section of the Omnia forum??

Also, don't just say thanks, give a thanks too..
Old 07-20-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
That part is slightly more complicated. But I'll try to clear it up for you:

1) XP = Download ActiveSync if you don't already have it. Vista = Download Windows Mobile Device Center if you don't already have it
2) Be sure to flash to CF03 FIRST!
3) Download 'Samsung Omnia UDML' from this site (it's linked over on the right side of the page, bout halfway down)
4) Download the custom 6.5 ROM you want from your favorite chef's thread (like the one you linked to earlier). Usually when you download the file it will be in either .rar or .7z format. You'll need to unzip it first, after which it will be in .bin fomat.
5) If using XP, open Active Sync and go into settings and disable the 'Allow USB Connections' setting. If using Vista, do the same but do it in Windows Mobile Device Center Settings
6) Open UDML (the one you downloaded from idoctor)
7) Click the 'PDA' button on the left and search for the .bin file you just downloaded from the chef. Click 'Open'
8 )Turn off your phone (completely off!!! not just asleep)
9) Click the 'Detect' button toward the bottom left of UDML
10) While still off, plug your phone into your computer via USB
11) Turn the phone on
12) Let the utility run for about 5-10 minutes to complete the flash

Congrats! You are now on a custom 6.5 ROM
OK, I am really new to this flashing thing so forgive the ignorance. I have bricked one phone already. After looking at the instructions above it does not state that I should active sync it "mass storage" (in step five). Is that omitted on purpose or am I supposed to know that is what I am supposed to do. (Mind you this is with the XP 32 bit).

Also, i would love to do this on the Vista 64 bit, which I see you have directions for as well. Will the Download Mobile Divice Center automatically route the update to mass storage? I have not used it yet so I do not know what other prompts there will be - if any. Thanks in advance.

ANY help would be appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve austin View Post
OK, I am really new to this flashing thing so forgive the ignorance. I have bricked one phone already. After looking at the instructions above it does not state that I should active sync it "mass storage" (in step five). Is that omitted on purpose or am I supposed to know that is what I am supposed to do. (Mind you this is with the XP 32 bit).

Also, i would love to do this on the Vista 64 bit, which I see you have directions for as well. Will the Download Mobile Divice Center automatically route the update to mass storage? I have not used it yet so I do not know what other prompts there will be - if any. Thanks in advance.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Actually, there is no real need to move the setting to 'Mass Storage'. This is just done to prevent your phone from connecting to ActiveSync/WMDC is case you forget to uncheck 'Allow USB Connections'

Just be sure to uncheck 'Allow USB Connections' and you'll be fine

...but you can set it to 'Mass Storage Mode' if you want, just to be on the safe side
Old 07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Actually, there is no real need to move the setting to 'Mass Storage'. This is just done to prevent your phone from connecting to ActiveSync/WMDC is case you forget to uncheck 'Allow USB Connections'

Just be sure to uncheck 'Allow USB Connections' and you'll be fine

...but you can set it to 'Mass Storage Mode' if you want, just to be on the safe side
Well this is the only thing that I can see that i have not done in the process. Ok, I 've bricked two phones at this point. The first one began to load and after a minute just stopped and the screen went blank. The second one got to 60% and idled for 20 minutes. The ONLY thing I did not do was switch it to "mass storage" like the directions said on TheiDoctor.org. So i am stumped.

Again, if i gould get it to work for Vista 64 it would be sweet.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia