PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Omnia being reduced to $99

Quote:
The Omnia will be reduced to $99 on contract in mid-March, though we don't know whether this is a temporary discount or a permanent cut.
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...8230-and-more/
Exciting, no? I hope they keep it this low until the end of May when I get mine (and maybe with a $100 NE2 discount...a free Omnia?)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work
Re: Omnia being reduced to $99

then they will stop being made and insurance will not have them anymore then BAM!
automatic upgrade through insurance

Phandroid!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

gaurhoth is a n00b

Seems like they have been put through the pricing cycle pretty quick. I just bought mine for 149... I guess it's worth $50 to have it now rather than a month from now
Old 02-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Threadstarter

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, you guys are all so lucky, I have to wait until the end of May to get mine! I keep counting down every day until I get my Omnia... :P
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker

gta3214 is a n00b

i wonder what that device is that is "unlike anything anyone has seen before" that will launch this year
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia

pillagingjack is a n00b

Just my two cents here, but what would cause a phone to be "something that has yet to be seen" or however they worded it? I work for a Verizon agent and have seen some of this news a while ago. Ok, so looking analytically, there have been rumors that AT&T and Apple had some disagreements. Also, phone exclusivity does not last forever on a phone that will be around for a long time. So initial thought is possibly a Verizon Iphone. However, we all know Big Red and they do not like to follow. They would rather break their necks leading, than following. So the notion of the iPhone, meh...i dont think so. So that leads us to our next idea. Verizon has made it public that they are working with microsoft and incorporating live search on all WinMo handsets. Thats a big move, because that means that GPS will be unlocked (or at least a little more unlocked. It is possible to allow gps to work only with vznav or l.search...). So, if we look back at the HTC line up, there was a new version of the HD coming out. It is about time verizon got a phone with a decent screen size and resolution/color. I use the omnia right now and the screen is better, however still alittle small. So, say verizon launches the new version of the HD. COOL! but still, its been seen before. What has not been seen yet as a native US phone? Well, first off, VZW is gearing up for LTE, so I would imagine it would run on the network. Second, large screen (iphone, the bane of VZW and WinMo, still has better screen) It would for sure include capacitive touch, and not resistive, have an amazing camera. But still, have all been done! As far as I know, what has not been done by a US carrier? Dual boot? I don't forsee VZW dual booting osx and winmo, but maybe dual booting osx/android or android/winmo? I would bet more on the and/winmo combo, since android does handle media and browsing (natively) better than winmo, and winmo handles work (office, email, etc) better than android. Also though, lets not forget about RIM....do we see a phone natively incorporating winmo/android/AND RIM? Man, that was great...I need a cigarette now.....hahaha...Whatever it is, I am excited to at least see it.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker

gta3214 is a n00b

actually i just looked today and the omnia has already been reduced to $99 on the verizon wireless website
Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

varshaska is a n00b

I just bought the damn phone!! Going to try to see if I can get credit back.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just ordered mine Friday. It should arrive tomorrow. I called CS and they wouldn't adjust the price till I received it. WTF I paid via Disc. $99 + tax. after NE2 and online discount. With the new price it should be free.

CS says if they adjust price now and I don't receive it and get a refund I would be $100 to the good. She also said SOP is 30 days from activation for a price adjustment on all new phone price reductions.

I think they want activation and contract before the refund (I'm month-to-month now). I think I want price adjustment at time of activation. Maybe I'm just being anal (again).

The online ordering system was down Thursday night till Friday afternoon or it would have been ordered Thurs. While the system was down I tried 4 different CS reps but they all wanted to send a mail in rebate sted of on line discount. I've never to my knowledge received the rebate from a mail in.

I just want my Omnia and $100.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

leland_jr is a n00b

I am freaking pissed. I paid $200 in a corp store yesterday. Called 611 today and was told that I couldn't get the price adjusted because the stores and online are separate. I have to go back to the retail store, return it, and then buy it again online. WTF?!?! I am one pissed off customer. I think I might as well just switch to Sprint.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia