View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
pillagingjack
Lurker

pillagingjack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia being reduced to $99

Just my two cents here, but what would cause a phone to be "something that has yet to be seen" or however they worded it? I work for a Verizon agent and have seen some of this news a while ago. Ok, so looking analytically, there have been rumors that AT&T and Apple had some disagreements. Also, phone exclusivity does not last forever on a phone that will be around for a long time. So initial thought is possibly a Verizon Iphone. However, we all know Big Red and they do not like to follow. They would rather break their necks leading, than following. So the notion of the iPhone, meh...i dont think so. So that leads us to our next idea. Verizon has made it public that they are working with microsoft and incorporating live search on all WinMo handsets. Thats a big move, because that means that GPS will be unlocked (or at least a little more unlocked. It is possible to allow gps to work only with vznav or l.search...). So, if we look back at the HTC line up, there was a new version of the HD coming out. It is about time verizon got a phone with a decent screen size and resolution/color. I use the omnia right now and the screen is better, however still alittle small. So, say verizon launches the new version of the HD. COOL! but still, its been seen before. What has not been seen yet as a native US phone? Well, first off, VZW is gearing up for LTE, so I would imagine it would run on the network. Second, large screen (iphone, the bane of VZW and WinMo, still has better screen) It would for sure include capacitive touch, and not resistive, have an amazing camera. But still, have all been done! As far as I know, what has not been done by a US carrier? Dual boot? I don't forsee VZW dual booting osx and winmo, but maybe dual booting osx/android or android/winmo? I would bet more on the and/winmo combo, since android does handle media and browsing (natively) better than winmo, and winmo handles work (office, email, etc) better than android. Also though, lets not forget about RIM....do we see a phone natively incorporating winmo/android/AND RIM? Man, that was great...I need a cigarette now.....hahaha...Whatever it is, I am excited to at least see it.