PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

badfrog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia being reduced to $99

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshaska View Post
Just an update us verizon folk, I just called them, and they credited my account. I bought it online, and they had no issues crediting me back $100.
I called *611 and they couldn't help me, they spoke to a floor manager who also said there was nothing they can do... I wish they could all get their heads together so everyone is on the same page.

I just got off the phone with my local store and they said there was no reason someone couldn't have adjusted my account over the phone and they credited my account $100.00.

Last edited by badfrog; 02-16-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

The few, the proud, the morons.

We are Verizon. Resistance is futile. You will be confused.

Typical cell phone company. Alltel was worse.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia WM6.5
Carrier: vzw

rgsekula is just getting started

FWIW

I bought my Omnia Last month for $229+ 70 MIR.
Now its $170 + 70 MIR. So I called and the Lady on the phone had no problem crediting my account $50.

:Shrug:

Edit: so in haste I had them credit my account only $50 the other day. But a phone call today got back another $50. So I got the phone for only $49!!! The best part is that I sold my i760 on Ebay for $130. I was planning on sticking with Verizon anyway. So I made + $70 to switch to the Omnia. Cool Beans. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Last edited by rgsekula; 02-17-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gaurhoth is a n00b

I bought my omnia online on Feb 5 for $149.99 ( Orig Price $269.99 - $70 Instant Rebate - $50 new two year credit ).

Based my calculations off the current price being at $169.99 - $70 rebate - $50 New 2 year credit = $49.99. $100 difference.

Called today to get a credit and had to argue with them a bit, but stayed firm and after 3 'trips to the supervisor', finally they came back and gave me a $100 credit. They tried to just give me the difference between $149.99 and $99.99 ($50 credit). It felt 'rehearsed' on their end... they knew once I wouldn't give in it was a matter of time. I think they just made it difficult hoping either 1) I wasn't good at math or 2) I wasn't patient.

Oh well...nothing new from big companies. Always have your facts straight and hold the line.

Gaurhoth
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badfrog is a n00b

at first they tried to jsut give me the difference of $50 also, but I explained the math to them and they said they gave me the full$100, I'm going to verify it once my statement is updated, which they said will be in 24-48 hours
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badfrog is a n00b

I just got my bill, it still showed the full price, so I called customer service and they said I only got a credit for $50 which would show on my next bill, she kept going off they couldn't give me the full $100 difference because I got a mail in rebate, which I did not. my invoice clearly states NOT ELIGIBLE for either the instant or mail in rebates.

then she proceeded to tell me because I already had received a $50 discount, they could only give me $50. the $50 I had already got was for renewing my contract, and has nothing to do with the base price of the phone, which was $199 when I bought, and then 4 days later was $99. she was rude and belligerent and kept adding the amounts together the wrong way. she finally said she would give me the additional $50, but never said why she changed her mind.

I have been trying to call my local office to have them verify the changes, since they were the ones who initially told me I would get the full $100 and apparently didn't, but I can't get anyone there to answer the phone. hopefully tomorrow I will have time to swing buy and get this sorted out. meanwhile I have stopped my auto pay on my account and am only paying them what they have told me they adjusted the price to on the phone.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfrog View Post
I just got my bill, it still showed the full price, so I called customer service and they said I only got a credit for $50 which would show on my next bill, she kept going off they couldn't give me the full $100 difference because I got a mail in rebate, which I did not. my invoice clearly states NOT ELIGIBLE for either the instant or mail in rebates.

then she proceeded to tell me because I already had received a $50 discount, they could only give me $50. the $50 I had already got was for renewing my contract, and has nothing to do with the base price of the phone, which was $199 when I bought, and then 4 days later was $99. she was rude and belligerent and kept adding the amounts together the wrong way. she finally said she would give me the additional $50, but never said why she changed her mind.

I have been trying to call my local office to have them verify the changes, since they were the ones who initially told me I would get the full $100 and apparently didn't, but I can't get anyone there to answer the phone. hopefully tomorrow I will have time to swing buy and get this sorted out. meanwhile I have stopped my auto pay on my account and am only paying them what they have told me they adjusted the price to on the phone.
If all else fails you can always return the phone since you're within the 30 days. Then go to another Verizon store and re-purchase the phone for $99.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badfrog is a n00b

I went in today, they got it right finally and my account is updated correctly.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia