PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB mobile shell and imarche skins slight problem.

I hate to say it, but after a glitch like this causing a user(s) to bang their heads against a wall in frustrated attempts/tweaking....sometimes the only thing left to do (and a lot of times for an un-known reason it can work) is to do what smilepak wrote and just uninstall it, and start with a clean install.

Sometimes something was done along the way that we didn't intend or mean to do that will cause a problem that this will help!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Lurker

westentertainer is a n00b
Smile Re: SPB mobile shell and imarche skins slight problem.

i reloaded spb again and its all working OK now many thanks to all that took the time to help cheers
Old 02-08-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Threadstarter

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam0112 View Post
I've searched around and haven't had any luck finding a solution to this problem. Hoping someone on here using SPB mobile shell with the imarche skins on the verizon branded i910 can help me out.

I have a small problem with the connection manager built in to the skins (the one that puts the 3 bars on top.. blue for bluetooth, yellow for wireless and green for phone). The wireless & bluetooth buttons work fine, but the phone won't turn off when I press Phone Off. I can toggle it on or off using the Phone On option, which is acceptable to me, but once I turn the phone back on after turning it off the green bar will not come back on. The phone is on & functional, but the bar stays grey until I do a soft reset. Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

This is a minor problem that I can deal with if I have to until my next hard reset (if it's just a glitch on my end), but I'm hoping there is a fix around that I haven't been able to find. Thanks in advance for any help.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem I started this post about, or should I just re-install?

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I am thinking your at a point that a re-install may be in order. Possibly even a hard reset if you don't have much on your device. As I stated earlier, with all the thinking + 'fixes' we have tried, sometimes it boils -down to an old fashioned uninstall/reinstall!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Threadstarter

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

That's what I figured. But I think I'll wait on the hard reset. I have everything tweaked to my liking and don't want to spend the time setting it up again to fix this really minor problem. Knowing me I will try something out that causes me to hard reset soon enough anyway. I'm always tinkering with this phone trying different things out. That is half the fun though.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker

westentertainer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I am thinking your at a point that a re-install may be in order. Possibly even a hard reset if you don't have much on your device. As I stated earlier, with all the thinking + 'fixes' we have tried, sometimes it boils -down to an old fashioned uninstall/reinstall!!!
all i did was reinstall it from the CAB in storage card and run it again all ok now
Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Glad it is running now. It is amazing how sometimes a fresh install is the easiest fix.

I remember my 700wx was low on memory and certain things NEVER worked on it (DashWire, MMS....) I finally broke down and took a day to start from scratch (thankfully yours wasn't THAT bad), and in the end I had so much free space with EVERYTHING working I didn't know where to start with new apps!!!

Sometimes the most innocent-sounding tweak (reg, app, or other) will have adverse effects that we can never trace back no matter how hard we try!!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

After messing about recently with PointUI and WAD2 i have hard-reset and reinstalled SPB + Imarche. But as you can see on the 1st screenshot i do not appear to see the 4th icon 'My Menu' even though i can click into it and add applications to it.

The Customize menu seems to be correct also

Anyone have any suggestions ??
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

Found a possible solution, can someone provide me with the image number for the 'My Menu' in registry?

HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Menu\Root\My Menu
The image is selected by the DWORD 'Image' (mine is set to 173 at present)
Old 02-18-2009, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

That is what I have as well, did you try another icon-set? or do a reset between instalations (not needed, just helpful at times)?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia