PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 omnia video call option question???

Really? I cant think of any models that have video call features on ATT.

Not saying you are wrong, but please, tell me which models.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Really? I cant think of any models that have video call features on ATT.

Not saying you are wrong, but please, tell me which models.
There are a couple of phones on AT&T that claim to have video calling...The HTC Fuze, and the non WinMo Samsung Eternity (which says Video share capable) to name a couple...but this feature has got to be limited and I doubt its even close to what they're doin in Japan which by the way has had 2way video calling for at least 5 years...probably more...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Yeah thats not really the same thing. Video sharing is one way only, and is subscription based. The Fuze has a rear camera only AFAIK, so no video calling there either.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 02-04-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Yeah thats not really the same thing. Video sharing is one way only, and is subscription based. The Fuze has a rear camera only AFAIK, so no video calling there either.
the point is why are poeple clammering about something no one uses? or that not enough people are using to even show this much intrest in it?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
The Pusher

Agreed.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Unlocked Omnia i900

eye_fling_poo is a n00b

To test your video call camera, look for the hidden file "GrandPrixFrontCameraTest.exe" in \Windows

I've tried it on my i900 and it does work, the camera in the upper right corner. I don't believe the i910 has the camera
Old 02-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Threadstarter

lambi1982 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to lambi1982

some questions just go no where.

i900 assuming has an option for video calling when in the contacts menu, right? well the i910 does not. no front camera nor does verizon allow it.

for a while i have been using VZOchat for video calling on my i910 and it does it quite well. and just one day the video call tab showed up where it never was before, in the contacts menu.( next the the contact picture)

now, if the is someone with an i900 who can send me a copy of the i900 registry I myself would like to figure it out.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
The Pusher

Some questions go nowhere, some answers go unread.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Threadstarter

lambi1982 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to lambi1982

unread, how do you mean???
Old 02-23-2009, 07:25 AM
The Pusher

I'm saying, you saw it precisely where I mentioned. I've seen it too. I do not now, however.

Here is a theory.

Upon Hard reset or initial software usage however, you wanna look at it, the option is enabled. Now, assuming that the software requires a front facing camera to video call (and it does), once it detects that there is no front facing camera, the option is turned off.

My thought is, the people who have seen it on their i910 caught glimpse of it before this hardware detection took place (or missing hardware detection), and as such, saw the option, but it was greyed out. The same greyed out behavior takes place when there is no 3G available on the i900.

So here are the most likely possibilities.

1. When you lose EVDO signal, the option appears, but greyed out. (Less likely)
2. Its a glitch with initial camera detection by the dialer. (More likely)
3. Its a glitch where the back camera is confused by the dialer for a front camera. (Possible)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia