PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

NuclearEMP is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 omnia video call option question???

now that's the answer I was looking for, =D>

Thank You

now, assuming it is an option that is deactivated I wonder where in the registry this option is located.

I did find though in HKLM/Software/Samsung/VT
there is an option for VMODE which is set to "0" but when set to "1" the SMS menu/screen freezes

Last edited by NuclearEMP; 03-18-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

KrakaJap is a n00b

I think the obvious question here is why? As in why are you even trying to play around with the front video registry keys when the i910 does not even have a front camera??? If you were trying to reroute the camera feed from the back while enabling the registry values for video conferencing, that's not going to do you any good on the other end of the line if the same hacks have not been applied to the receiving phone. Either way you would not only need to edit the registry... you would have to (most likely) recompile your own version of the dialer and the camera API (for all phones involved). My point is that it does not seem worth the effort when CDMA doesn't even support it. You could very well get it working for all I know... but if CDMA doesn't support the feed, it will all be for not. You wouldn't even be able to test it to make sure it was working properly.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley

hahahahahaha, I've gotta laugh at this, only because this thread completely captured my attention from start to finish.

My wife is from Japan (native) and when we were dating, I had the opportunity to work there for a while and got a chance to experience first hand video conferencing. Completely unreal... I miss it. Good times though. I don't think it will ever really catch on here.

Anyway. Thanks for the entertainment, hope you get that 2 way video conferencing up and working!!

Nope, I just read a lot.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

elsol77 is a n00b

angel12 stole 75 dollars from me. he is a crook and should be banned.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

I have a GSM plan with Vodaphone for use in Asia (my wife is from China, native if that matters but since CW mentioned it I thought it might be significant). The plan includes 30 minutes per month of video calls then jacks the rate when I go over. I can buy more but the price is pretty significant so we don't use it much. It is a sweet function but also inconvenient to use in most circumstances. MMS video on VZ in the US is real short but lets people see you talk if but only for a few words.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

cobra04972tx1 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to cobra04972tx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambi1982 View Post
some questions just go no where.

i900 assuming has an option for video calling when in the contacts menu, right? well the i910 does not. no front camera nor does verizon allow it.

for a while i have been using VZOchat for video calling on my i910 and it does it quite well. and just one day the video call tab showed up where it never was before, in the contacts menu.( next the the contact picture)

now, if the is someone with an i900 who can send me a copy of the i900 registry I myself would like to figure it out.
Did you upgrade your ROM to CF03? If so, that is when you got the inactive video call tab in contacts, that's when I saw mine. Like others said the new CF03 is a hacked i900 ROM made to work with the i910, that is why the ghost video call tab is there. I wish we could use it, I think it would be cool.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia