View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Adrynalyne
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i910 omnia video call option question???

I'm saying, you saw it precisely where I mentioned. I've seen it too. I do not now, however.

Here is a theory.

Upon Hard reset or initial software usage however, you wanna look at it, the option is enabled. Now, assuming that the software requires a front facing camera to video call (and it does), once it detects that there is no front facing camera, the option is turned off.

My thought is, the people who have seen it on their i910 caught glimpse of it before this hardware detection took place (or missing hardware detection), and as such, saw the option, but it was greyed out. The same greyed out behavior takes place when there is no 3G available on the i900.

So here are the most likely possibilities.

1. When you lose EVDO signal, the option appears, but greyed out. (Less likely)
2. Its a glitch with initial camera detection by the dialer. (More likely)
3. Its a glitch where the back camera is confused by the dialer for a front camera. (Possible)
This post has been thanked 2 times.