PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: Verizon

j32driver is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 New Omnia's in the HIZZY!!!!

My wife and I have been using a pair of HTC Apaches for the last 3 years. The only reason the darn things lasted that long is because of this site and Helmi's kitchen's that made the phones at least bearable.

Well... this morning I bit the bullet and upgraded both phones to Omnias. I can't be happier. For the 1st time, I feel like I own a good phone, AND a good PDA. The 6700's were good PDAs and terrible phones.

The Omnia is Windows... its got its bugs right out of the box... but I can at least hear when I make a call!!!

Looking forward to making the Omnia "be all it can be".
Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz
Re: 2 New Omnia's in the HIZZY!!!!

Congrats! Mine is finally on order. Wife works for VZW and the ammount of hoops you have to jump thru to get the or any phone is driving me nutz. Should have it next week
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor

Another new Omnia on its way. I should have mine Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully it is worth the upgrade.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Congrats j32driver and other new Omnia owners!!! If you can't find what your looking for to make the Omnia 'all it can be' in other threads in here, don't be afraid to just ask, thats what were here for!!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

CONGRATS!
plenty of support.
my omnia is perfect.
yes, PERFECT!

Phandroid!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work

I agree. Right now I would say my Omnia is 99% perfect. The only thing missing is unlocked GPS, and that is coming from Verizon.

But other than that, I have everything tweaked the way I like it and having played with an iphone and a storm, I have to say that I wouldn't change.

Not trying to brag at all, but I make enough money that cell phone price is no object for me. I paid full pop for my Omnia ($537.00) and if I found a better phone tomorrow I would easily dump the Omnia and go for it. But that said, with price being no object, I still prefer the Omnia over ANYTHING out there.

Again, not bragging but just pointing out that I simply think the Omnia is the best bar none for the US market. If and when the Touch HD Pro comes to Verizon (one with a hard keyboard was leaked from CES) then I might have to consider that.

Devin
Old 01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Lurker

Auditor_Kevin is a n00b

I dunno about a hard keyboard Touch HD. Sounds like a return trip to Bulky Town. I love how the Omnia fits in my pocket and would prefer not returning to the XV6700 size I had before.

That screen sure is to die for though.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I played around with the Touch Pro (can't remember the new name VZW gave it...xv6850 or something) and all I could think was 'Am I holding two of them? I couldn't believe how thick + heavy it was. People complain about the Treo's being bulky, but this one has it beat. The Omnia is so thin + light I aften forget I have it in a pocket...even my shirt pocket (I pray I don't lean to far over a hard surface)!!!!

So far I think the Omnia has all the other options beat!! I thing the slightly smaller size is even more comfortable than the iPhone in a pocket or hand (they are too wide to be really comfortable as a phone to me)!!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

lazer9 is a n00b

Add another former apache user to the mix. Just got my Omnia last evening with my NE2. So far fairly pleased, although my favorite app-task manager... "Quickmenu" is a bit quirky so far as if it wants to load up at startup (as it should) or not.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

I find a strange occurance with some apps (more on the Omnia than others) that some need time to 'Settle In' or 'Adjust'. I have had a few apps cause problems or not work as it should for a couple days and then they seem to fit in and work, so give the app a little while before you give up on it....you never know!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia