PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of installing SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmass View Post
Great input. Thanks to all!

The thing is so screwed up now after all my hours of fiddling around that I may just do a hard restart and reload the programs.

If I do, should I also do as I did before and load the Spb program files to "my storage" under "programs"? As a general rule, I am not storing anything on "my device". Is this a problem???

- Chris
MobileShell is one of the few I wouldn't do that with. I wasn't even sure if it was a choice with this app. This is one of the only (aside from A_C's apps) that I actually have installed on My Device (not that there isn't more than enough memory for it).

If your doing a hard reset anyway, give it a shot and let us know if you can and how it works.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

Cmass is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRedLine View Post
Install SPB Mobile Shell
Download latest imarche skins pack from http://www.imarche.net/omnia/fullpacks.php extract the .zip file on your PC then just move the whole folder anywhere on your sotrage card. Browse to folder via your phone and you will see a 'scripts' folder, within this run the 'mortscript.exe' and then run the Install_WQVGA.mscr' file.

Everything is fine until "Install_WQVGA.mscr". I cannot find this file anywhere - even after a full search.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

So do you have SPB Menu running now?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Everything is fine until "Install_WQVGA.mscr". I cannot find this file anywhere - even after a full search.
Go to where you saved the folder (I placed mine in the Program folder of My Memory so I could keep track fast)!!

Open the Folder( SPBMobileShellSkins) open the Scripts folder in there, and click on Install_WQVGA (it is the fourth item on my list, right after the two folders Localization and Switcher and the script file DeleteTheme).
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
So do you have SPB Menu running now?
I did a hard reset so I am re-installing Spb now.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MAJOR problems during hard reset (would not start again, would not communicate w/PC) ....but resolved now.

I left the entire device completely naked except for loading Spb Mobile Shell. It does appear a bit different this time.

I went through the whole users manual as well - although found it a bit lacking. (too general)

I can get most of it working OK except I can't get the "front screen" to be anything different than the page with the tabs on it. I set it so the clock and calendar - which I thought was supposed to be the front screen - does come up upon waking up the device but that is the only time I see it unless I navigate to it via the Spb menu. I thought it was supposed to be the default screen??

Also, I can't get my player controls to stay up front. They disappear now requiring me to navigate to it to pause or change songs etc..

I'm going to go about loading various apps more carefully this time by getting the BASICS set up FIRST and only once completely setup exactly how I want will I attempt the next install. It seems an obvious approach...but I often jump ahead.

Next, I will try loading some skins.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Button size:
I just accidentally found a way to make the buttons huge: Hold the volume button. Hold up = large buttons. Hold down = back down to normal. Unfortunately, all it is really doing is magnifying them so the icons are grainy and you have to finger the screen around since many are now off screen....but hey, it's a start....
Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I went through the whole users manual as well - although found it a bit lacking. (too general)
Amen to that!! People have been saying that since before it even cam out LOL!!!!

Quote:
I can get most of it working OK except I can't get the "front screen" to be anything different than the page with the tabs on it. I set it so the clock and calendar - which I thought was supposed to be the front screen - does come up upon waking up the device but that is the only time I see it unless I navigate to it via the Spb menu. I thought it was supposed to be the default screen??
I assume you mean the NOW screen? If so, SPBWatcher is the app that keeps Shell running so you don't have to keep going to SPB menu to open it again!!

Quote:
Also, I can't get my player controls to stay up front. They disappear now requiring me to navigate to it to pause or change songs etc..
What player is that? I use S2P, and that takes over the full screen with large controls.

Quote:
Button size:
I just accidentally found a way to make the buttons huge: Hold the volume button. Hold up = large buttons. Hold down = back down to normal. Unfortunately, all it is really doing is magnifying them so the icons are grainy and you have to finger the screen around since many are now off screen....but hey, it's a start....
Your right, that is a kinda cool magnifier, but not that great on quality of image LOL!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I assume you mean the NOW screen? If so, SPBWatcher is the app that keeps Shell running so you don't have to keep going to SPB menu to open it again!!

What player is that? I use S2P, and that takes over the full screen with large controls.
Downloaded SPBWatcher via thedumbkid on forum.xda developers. It works but your comment was correct: It really needs a toggle to Today to make it complete.

The player: Touch Player that came w/Omnia. It is far better than Win Media but it doesn't have the EQ like Pocket Player I was using on trial. Pocket Player also has just about every imaginable configuration possibility. But...it is also big & expensive....hmmm.
I did try the S2P but it doesn't have an EQ either and it seems like it would be more fully utilized if I had all the album art since the paging of the albums seems to be an important factor in it's "wow-ness". I have very little album art. Perhaps I'll give it another shot....but I'm still not sold on slide 2 unlock either. Not sure what real advantage is since I can lock and unlock my phone in 2 seconds without it .....and with it I find myself fat fingering the slider all the time. (My wife just got a new Saga and LOVES the slider)

I'll try the skins now.

Question:
How to more customize the NOW page?? Or is what I see, what I get?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ITS THE SKINS STUPID!

I had a tough time getting the scripts to run properly but once they did.....a HUGE array of options to make this thing look different.

Some buttons appeared to do nothing but bring up a blank screen. For example, one of them looks like a bright yellow star but when pressed a blank screen with the outline of a box and some lines....but nothing to click. Hmmmm

Something useful I found that I'm quite sure others automatically did: Go to the http://www.imarche.net/omnia/buttons.php website to see previews of the options....otherwise, like me, you will spend a hell of a long time guessing at what things might look like.....

- Chris
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia