PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

jville95 is keeping up the good workjville95 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

I suppose I can post this here:
My phones volume is/can be very low at times and sometimes I can't hear the other person. I know there is a way to make the volume adjusts even louder but how or where do I go?

Proud member of the CBM!!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Noblest is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Have you attemped a hard reset of the phone, and my storage (this removes phone programming), and then reprogramming it (*228 opt 1)
Adrynalyne, Glad you responded, have followed your work and look to use your new rom, once my move is over.

I am new at this as I've said to you before. I forget the difference between hard reset and soft reset. Again, first smart phone. I hit the buttom next to the power on button with my stylus. Then hit *228(i had forgotten about that). Once powered back up, I tryed my e-mail, Cannot connect to mail server, then I tried Opera, and I got error message, page cannot load, etc.

I'm worried that Verizon has done something to cut out my phone from accessing the net due to consumption. But, given the said "5gig" limit on verizon unlimited data plan before they do something, leaves me scrathing my head.

Fortunetly, I have not turned my modem in yet and was able to hook it up today for the COD 5 Map Pack 2 launch, thus I can answer this post tonigh. But, not tomorrow or the day after, unfortunately for the next few weeks.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblest View Post
Adrynalyne, Glad you responded, have followed your work and look to use your new rom, once my move is over.

I am new at this as I've said to you before. I forget the difference between hard reset and soft reset. Again, first smart phone. I hit the buttom next to the power on button with my stylus. Then hit *228(i had forgotten about that). Once powered back up, I tryed my e-mail, Cannot connect to mail server, then I tried Opera, and I got error message, page cannot load, etc.

I'm worried that Verizon has done something to cut out my phone from accessing the net due to consumption. But, given the said "5gig" limit on verizon unlimited data plan before they do something, leaves me scrathing my head.

Fortunetly, I have not turned my modem in yet and was able to hook it up today for the COD 5 Map Pack 2 launch, thus I can answer this post tonigh. But, not tomorrow or the day after, unfortunately for the next few weeks.
You did a soft reset then and not a hard reset. A soft reset is like restarting your computer, everything is still there but nothing is sitting in memory. A hard reset is like formatting your PCs hard drive with a fresh install of an OS. It works but nothing you want is on the phone.

Do you download a lot of stuff? That would be about the only way you would hit that limit unless you are using your phone for your laptops only connection to the internet and your on it every day.

Most likely a setting has gotten messed up somehow. A hard reset would fix this because all settings would be back to factory default.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Lurker

Noblest is a n00b

I tried to uninstall the Microsoft Internet Share and WMWifiRouter programs to see if that helped. Didn't help even after a soft reset. I reprogrammed again with *228 and soft reset. Nothing. Looks like I will have to hard reset.

When hard reseting, it just goes back to the original condition of the last flashed rom? Maybe this is a good time to try a new rom?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

a hard reset takes you back to the bare ROM. Usually we would say 'out of the box' state, but if you have flashed, it brings you back to that ROM, bare of any tweaks, apps or data you may have. If your thinking of flashing anyway, it is as good a time as any. The end result will be like you did a hard reset anyway, but with a shiny new ROM!!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Lurker

Noblest is a n00b

NICE!!!

Now if I can only find an unsecured wifi signal at the new house this evening. Doh!
Old 06-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

baldylox76 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to baldylox76

Quick Question, My Friend Has The Instinct, Can These Cabs And Apps And Such Work For His Intinct?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The Instinct is not a Windows Mobile phone, so no, the apps and files listed in here will not work on it.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Lurker

leldonm is a n00b

I flashed to the new rom and now it seems like my phone is going slower. Is there any way yo take it back to the original rom or to try to just reinstall the new one with GPS working. What should I try/do?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:24 PM
VIP Member

Which ROM did you flash to? It is possible to flash to the cc20 (can't remember if that is the correct name) with the working GPS, but I think it really may be something you installed that is slowing your device down...what apps are you installing?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia