PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I think the only 'fix' for the battery charged alert I have seen is to replace the tone with a silent sound bite!! I will look for the post and direct you to it if needed.
If you could track it down and let me know where to put it that would be great. I don't want that to happen again.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop2000 View Post
Is there a way to disable the "charge complete" nitification you get when you phone is done charging? I was charging my phone (turned off) last night on my nightstand and I got woken up at 3am by this annoying sound letting me know know that my charge was complete. I didn't see a setting in the notifications for it.
Yea right now the only way to "disable" the "Charge complete" sound is to change it to either a silent or quieter sound...I changed it to a quieter sound that doesn't wake me...

there are actually 2 sounds you will need to change....

the first sound is "alarm2.wav" and the 2nd sound is "Notify.wav"

use ur windows explorer and navigate to the "Windows" folder the sounds are located there.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK...pdub73 gave you the locations + file names already, Save them spmewhere else, or rename them in case you want to use them again, and here is a silent wav file. Just rename it and to the two files pdub73 mentioned and replace them on the PPC.
Attached Files
File Type: zip silence.zip (170 Bytes, 86 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Lurker

splitsteve is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I can suggest two things:

1- If everything works, and it is a WM error screen, you could disable error reporting!! (Not sure how you feel about that one because I remember you have multiple messages going out!)

2- I did a little looking around and found this:

Do you have the "When available, use this store card to store attachments" checked under the storage tab? DON'T CHECK IT!

and this:

this error comes about when we cannot delete the tmail.exe which is used for the SMS integration.Simply go to \WINDOWS in your file explorer. DELETE the tmail.exe. If it won't let you, that means its in use. The OS and FM both use this and in some cases the OS can run it from startup. This is one area we could improve the uninstall and its one we will.So if its in use, two things you can do. One is to soft reset the device and try to delete it manually first and then uninstall. The other is to rename the file and then soft reset (so that its not in use) and then delete the renamed file.Hope that helps.
1, It resends the last message when the tmail.exe error pops up. So I dont think this is a good option.

2, Its not checked.

3, I cannot find tmail.exe in my windows folder EDIT:: Found tmail.exe (after un hiding things lol) And I am unable to rename or delete it after a soft reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Sorry, I must have missed this.

What is the tmail error you are receiving?
When I send a text message and close the window after its sent (popped up in the threaded text) I am getting "a problem has occurred with tmail.exe" "would you like to report?" After it does this, it resends the last text, pretty damn annoying for the person I'm texting
If I wait for a while before closing it doesnt happen... but its freaking annoying

Last edited by splitsteve; 01-25-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia (8GB)

Saintkaputt is a n00b

Hi! New here, I just got my OMNIA in january and am having quite a major problem now, hopefully you all would be abloe to help me. This problem concerns the internal memory space, I put in around 2GB of files in it already, but the problem here is the phone registers it as I have used up all my internal memory space so I can't use the camera now and even put any files into it so is there a solution to this problem? Thanks...
Old 01-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkaputt View Post
Hi! New here, I just got my OMNIA in january and am having quite a major problem now, hopefully you all would be abloe to help me. This problem concerns the internal memory space, I put in around 2GB of files in it already, but the problem here is the phone registers it as I have used up all my internal memory space so I can't use the camera now and even put any files into it so is there a solution to this problem? Thanks...
well you might have to do what a lot of us have had to do....I saved everything the My storage...or the storage card...and do a hard reset...then re-install all my programs on the My storage...

and then direct ur camera to save images on the My Storage and well as any other files...there are some programs that "must" be loaded onto ur main internal memory...but for everything else put it on the "My storage"
Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkaputt View Post
Do you use Opera a lot? You might need to clear your internet cache. I have heard a lot of people with similar issues and it ended up being their internet cache taking up all the space.

You can see the cache and delete files by opening up File Explorer, Going into My Device---Application Data---Opera9---Cache. Select all the files in the cache folder and delete them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop2000 View Post
Do you use Opera a lot? You might need to clear your internet cache. I have heard a lot of people with similar issues and it ended up being their internet cache taking up all the space.

You can see the cache and delete files by opening up File Explorer, Going into My Device---Application Data---Opera9---Cache. Select all the files in the cache folder and delete them.
also changing the location of where the cache is stored will help...there are instructions on how to do this within this thread...
Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Saintkaputt....another thing that caused issues is VZApps...have you installed that? If so, uninstall it and (along with the other suggestions) you should see improvement!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia (8GB)

Saintkaputt is a n00b

Thanks guys! Appreciate it a lot... What are VZapps? And do you think if I bring my phone down to the SAMSUNG centre, they will be able to rectify this problem if all of your suggestions failed to help?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia