PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Did you install the usb drivers that came with the phone?

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

Vista doesn't use Activesync. It comes with Mobile Device Center already installed. Here's a link to a step by step guide:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...21(WS.10).aspx

Here's a link to download version 6.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Bell Mobility

kramerica30 is a n00b
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread - Email Problem

Hi Everyone...I am new and recently got my Omnia 2 weeks ago. Everything seems to be running ok except for one annoying thing. My email is set up and functioning normally except when I try to send a message. Whenever I send an email the phone hangs for a minute or two and I get an error message saying that I need to check my connection settings and I also get a generic error sync message. The only way I can correct the problem is to manually go into my email set up for that account and cycle through until I get to the user name and password section. Once there my username is correct, but my password string shows approximately 16 characters when my password is only 8 characters long. It is like it is doubling the size of my password and this is being done without my doing. Once I clear out the password and retype it I can hit send and receive again and the email will send. As you can imagine, this is quite annoying. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a fix?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread - Email Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica30 View Post
Hi Everyone...I am new and recently got my Omnia 2 weeks ago. Everything seems to be running ok except for one annoying thing. My email is set up and functioning normally except when I try to send a message. Whenever I send an email the phone hangs for a minute or two and I get an error message saying that I need to check my connection settings and I also get a generic error sync message. The only way I can correct the problem is to manually go into my email set up for that account and cycle through until I get to the user name and password section. Once there my username is correct, but my password string shows approximately 16 characters when my password is only 8 characters long. It is like it is doubling the size of my password and this is being done without my doing. Once I clear out the password and retype it I can hit send and receive again and the email will send. As you can imagine, this is quite annoying. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a fix?
That's rather interesting. I'm assuming you have the box checked that says save my password. Try this: fix it, send/receive, then check it: still correct? If so, do a soft reset and check it again.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell Mobility

kramerica30 is a n00b

Hi, yes...I do have the save password checked. I have tried everything I know to rectify this and it doesn't work. It populates the password field on its own..
Old 11-19-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It will do that and the number of asterisks it puts in that box does not equal the number of digits in your password. Were you able to determine WHEN the hiccup is occuring?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: etisalat

Shamir788 is a n00b

Hi,
am a new user for omnia.Can anybody help me to change my omnia clock setting from 24hrs to 12hr fotmat.in my Regional Setting>Time>Time style = H:mm:ss or HH:mm:ss.already tried changing to (H:mm:ss)but its still in 24 hrs.tried restarting & all,no use.my region is GMT+4 (U.A.E)any possible way.plzz help.am fedup of this 24hrs format.anybdy please help me
Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Boyitz is a n00b

A few weeks ago, when using ClearTemp, the Opera Mobile Cache went from showing 0.0MB to 512MB. Let me first say, I'm not hurting for memory, so that's not an issue. I manually went into the folder and cleared out everything it would let me delete. Now, even though the Opera folder is still there, it shows empty. No cache folder, no download folder...It won't let me create a new folder, and when I pulled it up on Active Sync, it wouldn't let me rename anything, either. Now, when trying to save pictures from Opera, it will do one of two things: First, it will tell me there's not enough disk space to save the picture. I've got a 16GB SDcard in, and I know there's plenty of room. Second, it will save it, but when I go into either Media Album, or File Explorer to pull it up, it's blank, and/or won't open. Any tips/thoughts, would be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

You may need to uninstall/reinstall Opera.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Boyitz is a n00b

Fixed it. Forgot to try the age old method of deleting the whole damn folder. Copied it onto the sd card, deleted it from My Storage, recreated it, and voila. Working like a charm. Anything to get me around a hard reset, or re-formatting, I'm a fan of. Thankfully, the folder wasn't on my SD card to begin with, so it's fine. Besides, if I had to reset, I'd lose all my pr0n! :lolup: Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia