rfarrah
PPCGeeks Regular

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread - Email Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica30 View Post
Hi Everyone...I am new and recently got my Omnia 2 weeks ago. Everything seems to be running ok except for one annoying thing. My email is set up and functioning normally except when I try to send a message. Whenever I send an email the phone hangs for a minute or two and I get an error message saying that I need to check my connection settings and I also get a generic error sync message. The only way I can correct the problem is to manually go into my email set up for that account and cycle through until I get to the user name and password section. Once there my username is correct, but my password string shows approximately 16 characters when my password is only 8 characters long. It is like it is doubling the size of my password and this is being done without my doing. Once I clear out the password and retype it I can hit send and receive again and the email will send. As you can imagine, this is quite annoying. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a fix?
That's rather interesting. I'm assuming you have the box checked that says save my password. Try this: fix it, send/receive, then check it: still correct? If so, do a soft reset and check it again.