PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

jville95 is keeping up the good workjville95 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Okay, I have an issue and maybe I over looked this but I know it has been discussed before and I've done a search and can't seem to find any relations.

Im on Adryn's CF03 2.0 and the ONLY issue that I ever have is with my keyboard. The letters 'A' and 'Q' are an effin hassle!! Its like the calibration is off and no matter how many times I reset, adjust, or calibrate, it will not be corrected! I am very annoyed as I do alot of texting. I've even tried different keyboards and still NOTHING!!

Someone PLEASE help me with this!!!

Proud member of the CBM!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

telpochcalli2006 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jville95 View Post
Okay, I have an issue and maybe I over looked this but I know it has been discussed before and I've done a search and can't seem to find any relations.

Im on Adryn's CF03 2.0 and the ONLY issue that I ever have is with my keyboard. The letters 'A' and 'Q' are an effin hassle!! Its like the calibration is off and no matter how many times I reset, adjust, or calibrate, it will not be corrected! I am very annoyed as I do alot of texting. I've even tried different keyboards and still NOTHING!!

Someone PLEASE help me with this!!!
hey i have the same rom and its work great is the best rom so far and i dont have those issues that you say
i tink you have a hardware issue with your screen
try to flash to another rom and see if that fix the problem if the problem continue so bad news you have hardware issue

Last edited by telpochcalli2006; 09-12-2009 at 10:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

jville95 is keeping up the good workjville95 is keeping up the good work

Thank you for the helpful advice. I will try that now.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

andrew121 is a n00b

I have tried to connect my Omnia and my nokia 6205 through bluetooth. I get it to pair correctly, but when I try to connect it, it says cannot connect!

Here is the exact error:
Your device did not connect with Nokia 6205. The connection failed or the passcode is incorrect.

What is weird is that from the nokia phone I am able to go into my omnia and download files.

I have tried re-paring a lot of times even with different pass keys and nothing is helping.

I would really appreciate it, if someone can help me.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Telus

davide08 is a n00b

Hi i am new to the community and i have a problem with my omnia i910, i am on wm 6.1, when i go to windows update and i check for updates i get an error msg "Connection to the update server is not available. Check your data connection setting and ensure the device data and time are correct." I dont no what to do from here, if there is no way to fix this is there another way i can upgrade to wm 6.5?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide08 View Post
Hi i am new to the community and i have a problem with my omnia i910, i am on wm 6.1, when i go to windows update and i check for updates i get an error msg "Connection to the update server is not available. Check your data connection setting and ensure the device data and time are correct." I dont no what to do from here, if there is no way to fix this is there another way i can upgrade to wm 6.5?
Windows update does not work. It has never been implemented.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Yeah to upgrade to 6.5 you will have to flash a custom ROM. Make sure that you have the latest upgrade from Verizon.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor

all of a sudden, within the last week or so, my omnia won't stay asleep. Once on it will put itself back to sleep, BUT when it's in my pocket, the screen action keeps it awake and drains the battery. I've checked task manager and nothing is running. I've checked my settings for wake up and it is on power button only.
No messages, text, missed calls, emails, or other notifications are indicated upon wake up. Just an odd mystery.
Updated ROM, Adry's latest ROM,
Potential culprits: Google Maps, Bing, GPSweather, SPB mobile shell, Opera, MSN money, MSN weather, and many many more apps.
On the other hand, if would just use up all of it's energy and die the day the II comes out, I'd be just as happy. Until then, any ideas????
Old 09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: metropcs

MikeyMike66 is a n00b
Omnia I910 flash to metro

my omnia i910 is flash to metro and I would like to know how to make my tether work. Please help.
Thanks
Old 09-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I have searched the forum, but with the terms I am searching for, there is so much information to browse through, and I am an old man and all that.

I have set up my new Omnia i910 to my liking, including tethering. There is almost every question and issue on this forum and I have really been able to set the phone up thanks to the information here.

The phone already came with the Samsung ROM version listed in another thread here, the update from Samsung that unlocks the GPS, which I have working with Google Maps and GPS Weather Radar. I can even install widgets, although I have yet to find any.

Bear in mind I have done nothing other than install HTC X Button, Skyfire, Palringo, and a few games. Other that that it is exactly as it came from Verizon.

I have two issues I cannot seem to resolve.

Question One: When I set the phone to Auto Answer (I drive a lot and use the Bluetooth headset) there is this persistent notification I cannot get rid of. If I restart the phone it returns. It takes over my left soft key which I have customized to "Contacts". It simply will not go away.

I tried the registry key trick found here, and I am sure I have gotten rid of the charged notification, which also would not go away without a reset. However, it doesn't work for the Auto Answer notification.

How can I get rid of this notification? I don't want or need to see it, but the ability to dismiss it would be wonderful.

Question Two: The Weatherbug widget just suddenly stopped working. If I drag it to the "desktop" of the phone, the loading icon just stays, and it does not appear, nor can it be clicked on. It was working when I went to bed last night, this morning, it just sits there loading. No changed to the phone, no restarts. I then tried disabling/enabling it, nothing. Tried restarting the phone, nothing. Tried shutting the phone off and on, nothing. Network settings are correct, the defaults. Has this happened to anyone else?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (31.9 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (32.1 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (33.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia