PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: S6
Carrier: VodaFone

Fred Bloggs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Hi, anyone help out.

After a Hard Reset on my Omnia I get the Messaging/Email Screen every time I unlock my phone.

Didn't do it before the H,R, it's becoming a pain now, is there a simple fix ?

I've done a few searches, & posted on another forum, but nothing yet.

Thanks,

FB
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
Hi, anyone help out.

After a Hard Reset on my Omnia I get the Messaging/Email Screen every time I unlock my phone.

Didn't do it before the H,R, it's becoming a pain now, is there a simple fix ?

I've done a few searches, & posted on another forum, but nothing yet.

Thanks,

FB
Sounds like you are using a ROM that does not have the lock fix in it. So you tap on the icon and you see three icons underneath it. Tap on the lock image itself and this will not happen. Then get a newer ROM that no longer has this issue.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Lurker

Fred Bloggs is a n00b

Hi BW, phone details below;

PDA I900XXHHD/ACHH3

PHONE I900BUHH2

What I cannot understand is this version is the same that I had previous, but this popup didn't occur, but now it does.

Recommendations on another Rom please ?

FB
Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Hi BW, phone details below;

PDA I900XXHHD/ACHH3

PHONE I900BUHH2

What I cannot understand is this version is the same that I had previous, but this popup didn't occur, but now it does.

Recommendations on another Rom please ?

FB
Is that a 6.1 ROM? If it is then I am wrong because what I described was a 6.5 issue. As for another ROM for your phone there are non posted here but there are several in the i900 forums of Modaco. Sector has one of the most popular ROMs there.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Lurker

Fred Bloggs is a n00b

Quote:
Is that a 6.1 ROM?
I'm not up to speed with these Roms....whatever is on the phone, is what it came with.

I'm with Vodafone, & have being for aprox 6 mth now.

Would you advise a different Rom ?

FB
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm not up to speed with these Roms....whatever is on the phone, is what it came with.

I'm with Vodafone, & have being for aprox 6 mth now.

Would you advise a different Rom ?

FB

Hmm, yeah, I would imagine that is a 6.1 ROM so my earlier comment means nothing.

Would I advise a different ROM? Usually yes. They are more up to date, run better and remove a lot of the bloat that OEMs like Samsung and phone companies like to put on there. That's up to you though.

I would ask your question over at Modaco though. They are much more likely to know an answer for you. This forum is filled mainly with CDMA users.

I wish I knew a better answer then that though as I feel bad sending you to another forum.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason917 View Post
Not sure if this was really answering his question. I dont think he was refering to downloading or browsing. It looked like his issue was installing cabs and them not giving him the option to install to my storage. In that case, this would be a fairly odd issue. The location of the cab should not make a difference in how and to where it installs.

Your right it should not but when you install them it gives you the option i was just covering the whole thing. naturally if you just keep hitting ok when downloading and installing it will put them in the small device memory. But also no matter where you put them a small amount will always be stored there. Read it again it does mention installing.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell Canada Mobility

Kenzie's Grandma is a n00b

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this everyone. It's an EXE. file I'm trying to install. The instructions said to extract and install on my PC then run the downloaded EXE. on the PC to start installation (did that make sense?) When I do that the PC asks where I would like it installed and so I choose the only option there for my phone which is Mobile Device. The problem is that it doesn't show any choices for where on the Mobile. I'm wondering why it says to install and run the EXE. file on the PC. Couldn't I put it directly on my phone and install from there?

Thanks so much for still taking time for this.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma View Post
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this everyone. It's an EXE. file I'm trying to install. The instructions said to extract and install on my PC then run the downloaded EXE. on the PC to start installation (did that make sense?) When I do that the PC asks where I would like it installed and so I choose the only option there for my phone which is Mobile Device. The problem is that it doesn't show any choices for where on the Mobile. I'm wondering why it says to install and run the EXE. file on the PC. Couldn't I put it directly on my phone and install from there?

Thanks so much for still taking time for this.
EXE files are installed using your host PC. I don't use them; never have. CABs are either downloaded with your PC and transferred to your phone and then installed from the phone or downloaded directly to the phone using Opera or IE. It's possible the EXE was poorly written.

Most people put a small repository folder on their Storage Card to hold and manage CABs. Then after a hard reset or flash it's a simple matter to re-install from the Storage Card. That way if you're away from your host PC when needing a hard reset you have an "out".

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell Canada Mobility

Kenzie's Grandma is a n00b

Ted thanks very much for helping me out. That sounds like an awesome idea to have a file like that on my storage card, I have an 8G one in there so that will work really good. Do they always offer a CAB file though or what do you do if you can only get an EXE. file? I sure appreciate the help, I'm not a complete noob (at least to PC's) but I'm certainly not familiar with all this mobile stuff.
Thanks again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia