PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia

eemmanuel2750 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Hello i have a verizon i910 and forgot to do a cc20 and update the rom to the adrian 6.5 now my phone stay at the samsung omnia screen and all i can do is take the battery out and it still stop at the same screen. Help how can i fix that
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia

eemmanuel2750 is a n00b

Hello i have a verizon i910 and forgot to do a cc20 and update the rom to the adrian 6.5 now my phone stay at the samsung omnia screen and all i can do is take the battery out and it still stop at the same screen. Help how can i fix that
Old 07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

jason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good workjason917 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmanuel2750 View Post
so Im guessing what you are saying is you didnt load cc20 before trying adryn's rom? Is that right? If so, flash the cc20 rom. You should get a good flash. After you do that then do a cooked rom. As I said though, you should have no problem flashing cc20, just has to be done before anything else.

Proud to be.... a FLASHAHOLIC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mzimmer74 is becoming a great contributor

The other day I used the hack/tip to turn off the low battery alarm at 40% where you set the registry flag to allow you to turn off the sound in the sounds/notifications screen. I'm certain it worked that day as I remember being thrilled to see a low battery with no beeping. However, the phone started beeping again yesterday. I've checked my registry and the appropriate flag is still set. I've checked the sounds/notifications setting for low battery and the play sound is unchecked. But, I'm still getting beeps. Any thoughts? I thought there was a sound file made that could replace the .wav file, but I've looked through this thread and the tips thread and can't find it. Most likely I just missed it, but if anybody knows what's wrong or anything else I can do to remove the beep I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell Canada Mobility

Kenzie's Grandma is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I usually copy the backup file to my PC when I connect the Omnia to my PC with the USB. If you use ActiveSync SPB has an auto backup copy app that you download to the PC and it will transfer all the backup files to your PC every time you sync.

As for fonts, go into settings, system, screen, and the third tab should allow you a little leeway in size.

Thanks a lot, that did help with the font. I knew that was there too I guess I was thinking that with a font I added it might work different. Same with the Backup (I must have been tired when I quit yesterday), I've synced files before just somehow never made the connection

It's a scary thought I know but the next thing I'd like to try is to get a registry edit program and try to increase the width of the scroll bars, also I'd love to get some different task and start bars. Oh welll, that's for another day when I'm feeling really brave.

Thank again everyone for your help.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma View Post
It's a scary thought I know but the next thing I'd like to try is to get a registry edit program and try to increase the width of the scroll bars, also I'd love to get some different task and start bars. Oh welll, that's for another day when I'm feeling really brave.

Thank again everyone for your help.
I know you may not be quite ready to tackle it yet, but here is a good thread for taskbars (don't worry about all the 6.5 stuff if your not using it, the taskbars will work on yours....some really good ones on the last few pages as well).

As fir a reg editor, Total Commander is a free one:
http://www.ghisler.com/

You can also change the scrollbar with Sktools:http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

Or advance Config: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

and here is a thread discussing that: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56670

Old 07-07-2009, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell Canada Mobility

Kenzie's Grandma is a n00b

That's awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start reading and maybe I'll have the nerve and the time to try sometime this weekend.

Will all of this stuff work even if my Omnia isn't a verizon phone? I hate to
admit it but I'm with Bell Canada.

Thanks everyone, you guys are so great, I really appreciate your patience.

Kathy
Old 07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Everything I listed should work on your Omnia. The only times you really need to watch out is if your flashing ROMs or if your doing something resolution-senstitive, and your not flashing, and were both working on an Omnis, so resolution isn't an issue.....have fun!!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mzimmer74 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimmer74 View Post
The other day I used the hack/tip to turn off the low battery alarm at 40% where you set the registry flag to allow you to turn off the sound in the sounds/notifications screen. I'm certain it worked that day as I remember being thrilled to see a low battery with no beeping. However, the phone started beeping again yesterday. I've checked my registry and the appropriate flag is still set. I've checked the sounds/notifications setting for low battery and the play sound is unchecked. But, I'm still getting beeps. Any thoughts? I thought there was a sound file made that could replace the .wav file, but I've looked through this thread and the tips thread and can't find it. Most likely I just missed it, but if anybody knows what's wrong or anything else I can do to remove the beep I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Anybody have a thought on this?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimmer74 View Post
Anybody have a thought on this?
Thanks
It's never worked for me.

Both Adrynalyne and I think the code for this as well as the finished charging alarm are in the dll. So unless someone can hack the dll to remove it then there is nothing we can do.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia