PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Do you think omnia 2 is losing its hype??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrzsuxppcrocks View Post
Im not yelling, you should know me face to face, I might of missread..anyone having knowledge about something doesnt mean they know at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
I think I read that five times and I still have no idea what you're trying to say... :P Haha...
sinc i am a rather bad typer my self i think i understand. He is saying he is coming on a little strong and if you really got to know him face to face then you would understand what he meant. LOL Also he must have missread what blazingwolf said and just becaus blazingwolf knows alot about windows mobile does not meen he knows it all.
That said. the fact that he dont know all caps means yelling i would asume he dont know that much about windows mobile at all. Blazingwolf might not know everything but he sure knows a lot and if you have spacific research that you have done pleas post the link so you dont get perceived like a total goober(censored) and we all can learn whats right and wrong because thats what a forum is for.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

This looks promising!
http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/10/2...-with-android/
and this
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2009/11/02/...curve2-others/

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by phullofphil View Post
sinc i am a rather bad typer my self i think i understand. He is saying he is coming on a little strong and if you really got to know him face to face then you would understand what he meant. LOL Also he must have missread what blazingwolf said and just becaus blazingwolf knows alot about windows mobile does not meen he knows it all.
That said. the fact that he dont know all caps means yelling i would asume he dont know that much about windows mobile at all. Blazingwolf might not know everything but he sure knows a lot and if you have spacific research that you have done pleas post the link so you dont get perceived like a total goober(censored) and we all can learn whats right and wrong because thats what a forum is for.
Thanks for restating and making sense of what I was trying to say. But my I dea for this thread was to find out how people felt about omnia2 after waiting for months.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: verizon

jcurley is becoming a great contributor

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with all this Android stuff. Will Samsung release the Omnia2 as a part of Verizon's Droid market?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurley View Post
I wonder if the delay has anything to do with all this Android stuff. Will Samsung release the Omnia2 as a part of Verizon's Droid market?
Pretty sure the O2 is WM. Maybe VZW is waiting for the DROID hoopla to settle first.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910

jcurley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
Pretty sure the O2 is WM. Maybe VZW is waiting for the DROID hoopla to settle first.
We Can hope can't we? Has anyone gone to http://omnia.samsungmobile.com/omnia2/ and played with it. It has everything our cooks have already created. I don't think I will get it unless they come up with a better UI. But I am not eligible for new every two until next year.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

I have been waiting on the O2 as well. I have the O1 now and I absolutely love it. To me its the best WM phone I have used to date. I have not even taken the stylus out of the box. That is a plus all in itself. The battery life to me is awesome compared to my other HTC devices. I also like the TouchWiz UI. I do have to agree with another poster that WM is loosing its hoopla. I myself will not buy another HTC device. I hate the TouchFlo. I also don't like the Sense UI they are putting on the Android devices either. I do know that I will be getting the Droid tomorrow and I can't wait. I had a hands on experience with one last night and I must say I fell in love.
I was so trying to wait on the O2 but I'm jumping ship. I think HTC has totally turned me off of WM for a while.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i been waiting and waiting and to be honest im tired of it. i been checkin out the TP 2, Storm 2 and they seem to get my attention. The Driod as well. either way I can upgrade my phone right now(10 months) for pretty cheap(Storm 2 only 179) so im really looking into that. I also seen the HTC Imagio as well. so i dunno. i will try and wait it out
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work

I tried out the Storm 2 today and I was very impressed. It's soooooooo much quicker and responsive than the Storm 1, it's night and day. And the new screen is very nice. I also tried out the Imagio, which I wasn't expecting much from, and I really liked it. It's honestly the most sensitive resistive screen that I've used yet, and the high res screen looked fantastic! All that said, tomorrow I'm going to be in line for the Droid... I figure that I'll give it a whirl for the 30 day trial period, and if it is better than my Omnia then I'll keep it. Otherwise I'll return it and wait for the Omnia 2...
Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks like its dropping for Bell this month

Bell and Telus are both making quick work of forgetting their legacy CDMA networks and bringing gobs of sexy, high-profile devices to their new HSPA digs -- presumably in an effort to get folks switched over as quickly as possible and steal Rogers customers posthaste -- and the latest is Samsung's Omnia II, which will be coming to Bell in GSM form (despite the fact that Verizon is bringing a CDMA version to market). Featuring a 3.7-inch WVGA AMOLED display, 5 megapixel cam, WinMo 6.5, and 16GB of storage on board, the phone definitely rests at or near the top of the current WinMo crop -- but the real news here is the fact that the phone has just been selected as the Official Mobile Device of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games, which we suppose means you can use it with pride while bobsledding, lugeing, curling, slaloming, or whatever other arctic sports you enjoy. Pricing hasn't been announced, but the phone will be available this month; let's just hope that Olympic endorsement doesn't drive up the MSRP, eh?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II