PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Finally Rooted Your Moment, Now What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu/

You can also purchase SetCPU from the market. It allows you to adjust your processor clock speed. It has different profiles for charging, sleep/standby, and battery %. You can set a Maximum and Minimum clock speed for each profile. It will lower your CPU speed when the phone is not in use and save even more battery. From my personal experience the past few days, i have mine set at 800mhz max (stock speed) and 244mhz min. It will throttle between speeds depending on CPU load, or you can put it on Performance mode and keep it max. Then when you put it on the charger, or into sleep, it will lower the CPU to 244mhz. I've had my phone unplugged and using GPS and browser all day, and my battery is still at 90%. Great little program IMO, only $0.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
a few good programs are Cache Mate, Shoot me, Root Manager ( can remove sprint crap with it, use as a restart, reboot in recovery etc)

I agree with both SetCPU and CacheMate. Both of these apps are well worth the download and are very helpful with keeping your Moment running lean and mean.

I have SetCPU running at 800/266 and my battery is definitely lasting even longer than just the CL14 update gave me. CacheMate is running in auto mode every six hours and is helping overall performance noticably. On the first run it also gained me back almost 70 MB of space.

Even if you buy these apps from the Market they are both inexpensive and well worth the investment.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

auto killer, auto memory manager are great too, both free in the market.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

going to see if I can get this stickied because there seems to be people asking a what they can do after rooting their phone, what better way to keep it all in one place than a sticky!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Now that you have rooted your phone by either following RainFreak's [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment or reading my [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customizations, what can you do with it?

For starters you can now start removing apps which you don't like, you can delete Sprints XX (NASCAR, TV, NFL, Navigator, etc..), Nuisance, I mean Nuance Voice Control, etc...
This process is located in either one of the [HOW TO]s that I previously posted, check either of those threads on how to accomplish this task

Then you can start using programs that work only on rooted devices.
I downloaded and ran successfully Wireless Tether 2.0-pre7

Install Wireless Tether, start Wireless Tether, press Menu>Setup
Enable WiFi-Encryption
Change Passphrase to a password you want
Change SSID if you wish to change the default from AndroidTether
Notification Ringtone (change to what you want) I made mine silent
Disable Vibrate on connect (if you wish) I disabled it
Use back after changing the settings
Now PRESS TO START TETHERING

There is no need to start your wifi previous to starting the program, now use your wireless laptop or computer and make your connection to your phone using the password you configured in the setup

Let's use this thread to post other ROOT related apps!
Does the wireless tether app work reliably now? When I read about it previously there were lots of reports of it locking up and freezing after only a few minutes of use.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Lurker

skyj635 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to skyj635

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Does the wireless tether app work reliably now? When I read about it previously there were lots of reports of it locking up and freezing after only a few minutes of use.
Wifi tether will lock up on you if you try to use it at your top processor speed. Just get Setcpu and set it to run at a max 266 and a min 266 before you start the tether and it won't lock up.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj635 View Post
Wifi tether will lock up on you if you try to use it at your top processor speed. Just get Setcpu and set it to run at a max 266 and a min 266 before you start the tether and it won't lock up.
That's what I thought. However, I actually have yet to experience the lockup. I just got my moment the other day and had it rooted (ZE14.3) and wifi tether installed the same day. I have tested wifi tether and used youtube to run up the bandwidth over 30MB and it seems to be pretty solid. I haven't had a chance to get setCPU yet. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or if it works better by using the normal wifi tether (without the special moment version) or what the deal is.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I run mine at 800 and....800 LOL!!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
That's what I thought. However, I actually have yet to experience the lockup. I just got my moment the other day and had it rooted (ZE14.3) and wifi tether installed the same day. I have tested wifi tether and used youtube to run up the bandwidth over 30MB and it seems to be pretty solid. I haven't had a chance to get setCPU yet. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or if it works better by using the normal wifi tether (without the special moment version) or what the deal is.
This is interesting. I've yet to have my data lockup when using the tether, but I have had it lock up several time using streaming music apps like grooveshark, slacker, or pandora. This is very frustrating. Luckily I've only got the moment until the Supersonic comes out and then it goes to my wife.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
This is interesting. I've yet to have my data lockup when using the tether, but I have had it lock up several time using streaming music apps like grooveshark, slacker, or pandora. This is very frustrating. Luckily I've only got the moment until the Supersonic comes out and then it goes to my wife.
Bad husband, don't you know your wife is supposed to get the newest and bestest stuff first, you're the one supposed to be getting the second hand stuff
Old 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Preach on!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment