PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Finally Rooted Your Moment, Now What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Does ES File Explorer come on your phone or do you still have to download it from Market? Either way it will work, he's just not able to install it without a third party app, right?

ES File Explorer is a free download from the Market.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

elboriqua176 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i tried it that way(with just the file explorer) but and could not find the app.i am going to download the apk installer. and thanks for all the help. you guys are great!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

stdlyman3k is a n00b

Help... I was trying to replace the phone.apk with this one http://midnightchannel.net/themes/re...during-a-call/
and now I just get FC's and can't get a signal. What can I do? Sorry for being a noob
Old 04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment

vampirefo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdlyman3k View Post
Help... I was trying to replace the phone.apk with this one http://midnightchannel.net/themes/re...during-a-call/
and now I just get FC's and can't get a signal. What can I do? Sorry for being a noob
You link don't work so really no ideal what you did, post another link or write what you did here. I will try and help you changing the phone.apk is a very simple process.

Here is what I did I downloaded PhoneNoButtons.apk from here https://sites.google.com/site/chibucks/.

I renamed PhoneNoButtons.apk to Phone.apk and placed it on my sdcard, via usb phone to computer.

Next I copied my original Phone.apk to a directory I already created "sprint"
Open BTE
su
remount rw
cat /system/app/Phone.apk > /sdcard/sprint/Phone.apk
cp /sdcard/Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk
reboot

Now as soon as phone reboots you see your home you are asked to press menu, do press menu select power off phone by hold down end call after power down wait 20 seconds boot up and you are done.

Last edited by vampirefo; 04-07-2010 at 06:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Is there any way to make pressing the green phone button go to the dialer instead of the call log?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I would also be interested in this, if anyone knows.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moment

tvirus1134 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tvirus1134

So I used DD10 update and now I cannot find/download the same apps!!! what the hell!!! Whats the point if you can access a few new cool things. But I cant use 90% of my old apps....
Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

installed the tether app but when starting it fails at enabling NAT rules. anyone else get that error?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

master4g is a n00b

When I installed the wireless tether program it says "not root"

I am new to android and just got my phone last night. I follow the insturctions and Im pretty sure I rooted the phone. What I did was installed the samsung update utility and downloaded this file: SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-joeykrim-recovery-2.1.3 and replaced the binary and did the update and now i am on 2.1. Is that all I needed to do to root? I watched this youtube video where the guy also put some SDK v5 file in the sd and tried running it, which I didn't do cuz I tried it with another "custom SDK" and it ended up making my phone get stuck at the "Samsung" logo when the phone turns on, so I ran the samsung update utility again and put this file back on: SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-joeykrim-recovery-2.1.3

One thing tho, on step stick it says:
8. Check build MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>BUILD NUMBER if it reads CUSTOM KERNEL VERSION you've rooted your phone

but when I go there, it says : Eclair.DE03 , is that what I should expect?

any suggestions?

thanks

Last edited by master4g; 06-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu/

You can also purchase SetCPU from the market. It allows you to adjust your processor clock speed. It has different profiles for charging, sleep/standby, and battery %. You can set a Maximum and Minimum clock speed for each profile. It will lower your CPU speed when the phone is not in use and save even more battery. From my personal experience the past few days, i have mine set at 800mhz max (stock speed) and 244mhz min. It will throttle between speeds depending on CPU load, or you can put it on Performance mode and keep it max. Then when you put it on the charger, or into sleep, it will lower the CPU to 244mhz. I've had my phone unplugged and using GPS and browser all day, and my battery is still at 90%. Great little program IMO, only $0.99
$1.99 now, but still a great app.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment