PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MX51 is keeping up the good workMX51 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to MX51
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
Hey guys I been searching all night on here but cant seem to find a fix this, although i know i did it before.......just dont remember how

installing tsowens custom taskbar works fine.....except for the start menu icon......it stays black and white.

I'm using Mighty's 4.13

the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui is the file im trying to replace and even with TC its not going anywhere. The file Im trying to use is shellres.96.dll.0409.mui and I rename it to 192 but I still cant get rid of the original. What do i have to do to get a colored start icon in there??
Hey man, I have the same setup as you... Got tsowensv4 and everything worked, BUT the start icon. I'm thinking it has something to do with the ROM, because I tried getting the file in there manually (shellres.192) and it was the same file... So the cab is working correctly, I'm just thinking it has something to do with the ROM.

I'll keep looking around, if I find something I'll post in here
Old 03-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

what rom are you guys on...bc i remember flashing to a rom that i couldnt change a few of the icons either....not sure but i believe it was the mighty rom

EDIT: i just noticed you guys were on the mighty rom....im pretty sure this is the one i was having troubles with and the reason i switched from his rom in the first place...i would check his roms thread to see if there is a fix for this...but i couldnt find anything to fix it when i had his rom so not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX51 View Post
Hey man, I have the same setup as you... Got tsowensv4 and everything worked, BUT the start icon. I'm thinking it has something to do with the ROM, because I tried getting the file in there manually (shellres.192) and it was the same file... So the cab is working correctly, I'm just thinking it has something to do with the ROM.

I'll keep looking around, if I find something I'll post in here

Last edited by falzon03; 03-14-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Here's a silly question that may have been answered already, but I searched and couldn't find a solid answer.

Is it possible to change the icon for the HTC Task manager? It seems like it would be trivial if practically everything else can be changed.

Thanks!
I don't use it but I think you are referring to the icon in the upper right corner correct? if so, then no. they are working on it but I don't think it's been found yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Here's a silly question that may have been answered already, but I searched and couldn't find a solid answer.

Is it possible to change the icon for the HTC Task manager? It seems like it would be trivial if practically everything else can be changed.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I don't use it but I think you are referring to the icon in the upper right corner correct? if so, then no. they are working on it but I don't think it's been found yet.
psyki, nursemm05 is correct. There have been several of that have been trying to find the correct icon for the Task Manager drop down. So far we've tried several different approaches to change that and the 'X' button to no avail. We give it a shot every now and then, so we may still find it.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzon03 View Post
nope...the file you need to edit and replace is the one without the 0409...it even says so in the first post on this thread (had to go back to check myself lol)

Wait a minute hold up...You're saying that the "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" is NOT the file we need to switch? Or that the 0409 is NOT the english version, cuz from what I've read in two different areas, it is. If ur sayin "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" is the not file theres a problem then....cuz thats the original file on MIghty's ROM
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

BAM! I got it. I forgot to install this icon demarrer. Install this as it adds a couple reg entries that help you rename the file.

The icon file i had was named shellres.96.dll.0409.mui. Go into the windows folder and add that. Once in there, change the 96 to 192. Before doing this though, make sure you see the file size of the original 192 in there, its probably larger. Delete the old and soft reset. BAM!

oh and 0409 = english ver.

Can I get some thanks??? lol =D>
Attached Files
File Type: cab Icone Demarrer.cab (5.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Not sure if this was added yet or not. I don't see it on the initial post... but I noticed that more than one person wanted the htc logo start menu icon with their new custom task bars or separated out. I found this somewhere over at xda... here.

Its an HTC start menu logo shellresdll file... unzip and follow the instructions if you need it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Start Menu LOGO.zip (281.8 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

HTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to HTCLeener

tsowen..

here ya go
Attached Files
File Type: zip LeenerPicksEdits.zip (84.4 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!

If you're going to use my work, please give credit where credit is due.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel81 View Post
Sorry if this was posted, but after 45 pages of skimming I did not see it.

After installing the battery icon my battery read 19% when it was surely full. Has anyone else had the same problem? Help.....
read the first page again and this time don't skim.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol @ nurse also. dont skim this time. lol
thanks that seems to be most people's problems... they don't actually READ but instead just ask the same questions over and over again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes