PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: X1

Fille84 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
Just copy the file attached into your windows folder using total commander or resco explorer! Just erase ".zip" at the end of the file and copy.
Allright, thx! Worked great!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Killing me... I got the new MightyROM4.7 rockin'- now I just need one of you guys to release one of these new taskbars.
Still waiting patiently...
Take a look over at the TP thread. Mighty Mike and LilRico recently posted Tsowen_Taskbar 3 v1.4 yesterday specifically for the Mighty TP ROM.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille84 View Post
Actually im waiting for tsowen's new taskbar or crazy's But right now im using tsowen 5v1.5 which is nice. But would look better with the original windows icon. Very kind of u if u could fix it with this taskbar. And please teach me how u do it!
Teaching is what it is all about and now that school is in session I would like youu to go to the top right corner of your screen where you see the word first and click it taking you to my first post, anways enough of the Monday morning humor. Seriouslly though read the first post and the answer is right in front of you. You can change your start icon to anything you want out there. The steps are pretty straight forward and if not then ask for help but yeah give it a shot. Once you learn how to do one you will want to keep changing all of them out.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

actually i just realized i was overcomplicating things wayy too much....all you have to do is instal taskbar v5 and copy the file and save it to your computer... then install taskbar v4 and then just connect the phone to the computer through active sync....just paste the file you copied from taskbar v5 into the \windows folder and it will ask you if you want to overwrite press yes and soft reset and you should be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isobuster View Post
I must admit that i haven't done this before. I only have the heart to install tsowens task bar because its a .cab and its not so complicated...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:03 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: help on how 2

i do already have a custom taskbar (thanks 2 gadget for the cabs and im using nelly04 phcanoverbmp), but i want 2 edit some icons (activesync and flightmode) and i was feelin bad about bothering gadget w/ my problems, so if any1 could help me, thank you.
taskbar3.jpg
ss shows flightmode icon (activesync is the same icon w/out red X)

so i have been reading this thread, page 1 as well as the 1 at xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437307 and i'm still not sure bout the, how to create your own (taskbar icons).
so this is what i did and where i'm lost. 1st i put the dll on the unsigner, window opens/closes. i check 2 see if the file got smaller, but no same size (dont know if it got unsigned). 2nd i opened Reshack w/ the dll, and thats that. i'm totally lost from this point. i believe there was 3 folders, bitmap, image? 1 other (i tried 1-2 weeks ago an cant remember names) but inside those folders there was lots of files and i didnt know where 2 start. 4 example what files in all 3 folders would need to be changed for 1 icon, activesync 4 example? the dll i opened was already customized, so should i start fresh w/ an original dll?

thanks agian 4 your help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Lemme give you guys a clue that you obviously don't have:
The people releasing these FREE bits of software want it out as fast as you do. They don't need constant reminders or requests. As a matter of fact, you are probably causing it to take that much LONGER by giving them more useless stuff to read and respond to when they could be working on getting things just right.
Stop with the requests and begging for releases or specific times. It not only annoys them, but the rest of us who see that there are new posts in this thread, only to find another whiner.

Just check back at ridiculous intervals on a regular basis like the rest of us. It will be here when it's here and I'm sure there will be a nice post about it.

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Lemme give you guys a clue that you obviously don't have:
The people releasing these FREE bits of software want it out as fast as you do. They don't need constant reminders or requests. As a matter of fact, you are probably causing it to take that much LONGER by giving them more useless stuff to read and respond to when they could be working on getting things just right.
Stop with the requests and begging for releases or specific times. It not only annoys them, but the rest of us who see that there are new posts in this thread, only to find another whiner.

Just check back at ridiculous intervals on a regular basis like the rest of us. It will be here when it's here and I'm sure there will be a nice post about it.
OMG! thank you THANK YOU for posting this!! I'm starting to get annoyed and I'm not doing all this work for FREE!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
I don't know but it seems that a lot of you are whining about the whiners also. The best thing I can tell you is to ignore it. This is a public forum.....you guys act like you live here or something. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are all coming from cuz it sucks to see people asking the same things over and over but there's another side to that coin.....you guys are doing the same thing. Just some food for though....
a lot? hardly? count the # of posts from people asking, no demanding, the taskbar release compared to the very few posts saying knock it off and it will be released when it's released.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
I don't know but it seems that a lot of you are whining about the whiners also. The best thing I can tell you is to ignore it. This is a public forum.....you guys act like you live here or something. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are all coming from cuz it sucks to see people asking the same things over and over but there's another side to that coin.....you guys are doing the same thing. Just some food for though....
LOL.
Nice try. Fortunately for me and most of the rational people, saying "you guys are doing the same thing" doesn't make it so. I'm pointing out that constant, repetitive & duplicate requests detract from everyone's "experience" of this [obviously] public forum.
You are saying that anyone who points it out and asks people to stop is doing the same thing? Hardly.

Last edited by Trident; 03-24-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i seriously cant believe how ungreatfull some of you are. tsowen, gadget and mrs.htc all have jobs and do this for all of us to enjoy our ppcs for free. tsowen has a very stressfull not to mention dangerous jobplus a family plus he and his partner were just injured doing there job so that slowed things down and i know for a fact his job is dangerous because my uncle got killed doing it. give these very kind members some time to get it where they want it. if theres a glitch, some of you will be first in line to tell them about it too. tsowen doesnt delay the release on purpose. some of you should think before you post.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes