PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How many of you really want Landscape mode?
I really need Landscape!! 142 60.94%
I don't really need Landscape!! 91 39.06%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Diamond Theme WAD2!!!!

god the theme working, but then i accidently went into author mode and i cant get back!!! any help please
Old 07-18-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
god the theme working, but then i accidently went into author mode and i cant get back!!! any help please
tap anywhere, hold down, uncheck author mode
Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh33_unc View Post
tap anywhere, hold down, uncheck author mode
yeah i'm not getting that menu... a couple things with those drop menus have been different for me, why tho?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

could it have anything to do with the rom i'm using or no? i wouldn't think so, but just a thought
Old 07-18-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
could it have anything to do with the rom i'm using or no? i wouldn't think so, but just a thought
not that i know of, no
Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

even with the contacts, i'm not getting the drop menu that the instructions say... I'm getting Author Mode/Wallpaper/Settings...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: vodafone

love2dance is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Tap and hold on the screen a menu will pop up, go to setting, then change theme,desktop2.x theme, select default portrait, then ok. Now Repeat this again this time selecting the touch diamond theme, what we just did is reload the theme.

Hi everyone.
I guess this approach does not work for non-english roms. I have a HTC Touch Cruise, Portuguese Rom. Followed the instruction. "Storage Card" in Portuguese is "Cartão de Memória". Like another member, I also would have to ajust the location of the menu buttons, for them to displat properly. The lower menus only the "Home" button showed up.. Also, in my case, no clock is showing.

Regards

Last edited by love2dance; 07-18-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

ok so i just flashed to the new official rom, hopefully my issues don't happen again

EDIT: meh, overlooked some things, working now... new rom is dope for a stock rom

Last edited by syanni85; 07-18-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Lurker

shorthand is a n00b

Ok i'm having a hard time getting my screen to work. I have a black screen with gray boxes. I've done a soft reset couple of times. I went to the themes and changed it to default then back to the diamond but no luck. What am I not doing right?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Knowing that WAD2/WA3 themes can be a little daunting to set up (especially if you've never done it before), I created a cab to do all the dirty work for you. All that is required to have jdume's basic theme up and running is to:

1) Install Wisbar Advance Desktop. The WAD2 Release Candidate 4 cab that jdume posted should last you until July 31, after that you'll have to upgrade to a new Release Candidate or buy the program (if it is released).

2) Install Wisbar Advance 3. At the final phase of the installation, you will be asked if you want to start Wisbar. Choose no (uncheck the box), and then hit "finish installation."

3) Install "Diamond Theme - by jdume." This cab contains all the necessary files, registry entries, etc. to get your theme ready to go. You're device will reset, and you should be ready to start customizing all of your people, programs, etc (sorry, you still have to do that part yourself ).

A couple of notes:

- The theme cab is large, and has to copy A LOT of files to various locations on your device. As such, it will take a long time to run. Like 10-12 minutes on my device. This is normal, and if you have set up the theme manually before, you will know that it takes quite some time to copy all the files to their respective directories.

- I've tested the cab on a fresh hard reset, with nothing except WAD2 and WA3 installed. It is entirely possible that you could encounter conflicts with your particular setup.

- The directory locations in this cab are hard coded for standard English setups. As a result, this will not work on non-English devices. For example, if you're storage card doesn't show up as "Storage Card" in your file explorer, this will not work.

- This only installs the files and settings necessary for jdume's core theme. Any additional programs still need to be installed separately.

- The cab *should* be fully uninstallable.

If anyone is interested, here is exactly what is included in this cab:

- All relevant theme/graphic folders created by jdume will be installed to their appropriate, default locations.

- All necessary config files and registry entries will be put in place to minimize setup after installation. Your device *should* look just like the screenshots. You will just need to set up your contacts, weather location, and other personal preferences. WAD2 and WA3 should also now be set to start on device reset.

- Changes your standard device theme to a Diamond theme. WA3 still reads some info from your Windows Mobile theme, so this is necessary. The cab doesn't use a tsk file to change your theme. It directly updates your registry with system color information, and copies tdywater.gif and stwater.gif to /windows. I did also place a copy of diamond.tsk on your storage card, so you can change back and forth if desired.

- Copies the Diamond welcomehead.96.png to /Windows. This is the last splash-screen you see before WM starts up, seen here:

- There are probably a few other, minor things I'm leaving out, but that is the gist of it.

Hopefully no complications arise from the use of this cab, but as usual, I take no responsibility for it. Use at your own risk. I just wanted to make a simple, 3 step process for people who wanted to try out jdume's theme, but may have been confused by the setup. Sorry for the novel, but I was hoping to avoid questions down the road. Hopefully this helps someone, because I just spent like 20 minutes typing this

With all the server issues we're having lately, I decided to post this to Rapidshare.de. Not my first choice, but hopefully this isn't a problem for anyone. Feel free to mirror elsewhere.

Diamond Theme - by jdume

Good work jdume!!!!

Last edited by bedoig; 07-18-2008 at 04:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes