PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 versus the Driod?

Thanks for all the responses. I guess it is not worth the effort. I haven't even played with a first gen droid to know anything about it, so I guess it would be easier just to stick with what I know.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor

Yes sir!!! I think you have a plan!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigirb2002 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002

sounds like droid is a winner to me from faster processer/gpu and capacitive screen i still love muh tp2 tho
Old 11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Threads Merged!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

new2tech is becoming a great contributor
Re: Touch pro 2 vs Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Honestly the TP2 is probably slighty better because HTC makes better phones. I never did like Motorolas really.
Agreed, I will have a very hard time buying moto again. The last one I had on AT&T was horrid. It was rmad like 4 times. HTC and LG are still my fave manufacturers
Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Well I sent back my TP2 in favor of the Moto Droid. Will be here monday , WOOT!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Mine would be simple.

You can put Android, iphone, Sambian, WebOS or any OS you want on it.

Disadvantage:
* No warez
* Why would I want to learn a new OS?

Advantage WM:
* Tons of warez

Done.
(lazy?) actually, iphone, android, and webOS are way more easy to learn than winmo will ever be...

(cheap?) and as for the second one... no problems for me so far
Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

pabucksguy is a n00b
Post First Post, hopefully it helps

Hello all, I have been lurking for months here but have been unable to contribute. However, I have some experience now with both the droid and the TP2. Hopefully some of it helps:
  • Droid has much faster web browser than Touch Pro 2
  • Droid is MUCH faster in general than the TP2
  • Droid has a much better application store (though you pay for each app), though, of course it is way easier to get apps on TP2
  • Droid has a slightly better camera, and has a flash, which Touch Pro does not
  • Droid is slightly smaller and weighs slightly less than the Touch Pro 2
  • Droid's capacitive touch screen is definitely more responsive than the HTC, however the virtual keyboard is even more picky than the TP2 about hitting keys exactly in the center.
  • The resolution/picture quality is equal on the two devices
  • I already found some bugs in the Droid , had problems getting Exchange calendar working and there are a few other complaints floating around about Droid Bugs.
  • HTC Touch Pro 2 has a way better physical keyboard than the droid. There is no comparison on just how much better the HTC's physical keyboard is than the droids.
  • Exchange integration is better in the HTC Touch Pro 2, for instance, in Droid, if you get a calendar request, you can only accept it or deny it from the calendar, where with HTC you can accept right from the email.
  • Touch Pro 2 is a world phone, Droid is USA CDMA only
  • From a business perspective, I think the HTC Touch Pro 2 has a better home/navigation system with displaying calendars/contacts/weather/etc.
  • Droid does not allow you to set up signatures in emails, like "sent from my mobile phone" unless you are running Exchange Server 2007 with server side support
  • Droid requires you use gmail or at least have a gmail account to access some of its features (HTC does not)
  • Droid does not support Excel XLS and Adobe PDF natively, you have to purchase a seperate app (cheap) for them.
Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Good review. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Back with Sprint!

Avareyne is just getting started

I did try both. I tried the Droid first and once I got my TP2 it was like a breath of fresh air. The Droid is buggy. It is even starting to annoy my boyfriend (and he has exchanged his twice already), about ready to get a TP2 cause he likes mine. Calls sounded like crap, and the person on the other end would always ask me to repeat myself. I tested this with my mother by calling her with the Droid and then the TP1 and she mentioned how she could definitely tell the difference. The screen would regularly come on while on the phone, hit lots of buttons, and then mute me to the person speaking to me. Not cool, especially when it is business. Give music geeks a phone with no EQ, not cool. If it is supposed to beat out the iPhone then it better have an as good or better multimedia player.

The 2 things I miss about the Droid are the app store and the capacitive screen. But I am doing things more accurately on the TP2 because I tend to use my fingernails. The Droid camera is absolute garbage but I do miss the LED flash also.

There are other considerations that annoy me. Verizon is nearly double the cost monthly than my employee discount Sprint plan. Upgrades aren't every 12 months with smartphones. The ETF is ridiculous now. Verizon dropped a lot of calls for me also.

Overall, doubling my price plan to go to Verizon was definitely not worth it for the Droid and I'm sticking with the TP2 for the year.

I'd say to try both, definitely, especially if coming from the TP1.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison