View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Avareyne
N00b

Avareyne is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro 2 vs Droid

I did try both. I tried the Droid first and once I got my TP2 it was like a breath of fresh air. The Droid is buggy. It is even starting to annoy my boyfriend (and he has exchanged his twice already), about ready to get a TP2 cause he likes mine. Calls sounded like crap, and the person on the other end would always ask me to repeat myself. I tested this with my mother by calling her with the Droid and then the TP1 and she mentioned how she could definitely tell the difference. The screen would regularly come on while on the phone, hit lots of buttons, and then mute me to the person speaking to me. Not cool, especially when it is business. Give music geeks a phone with no EQ, not cool. If it is supposed to beat out the iPhone then it better have an as good or better multimedia player.

The 2 things I miss about the Droid are the app store and the capacitive screen. But I am doing things more accurately on the TP2 because I tend to use my fingernails. The Droid camera is absolute garbage but I do miss the LED flash also.

There are other considerations that annoy me. Verizon is nearly double the cost monthly than my employee discount Sprint plan. Upgrades aren't every 12 months with smartphones. The ETF is ridiculous now. Verizon dropped a lot of calls for me also.

Overall, doubling my price plan to go to Verizon was definitely not worth it for the Droid and I'm sticking with the TP2 for the year.

I'd say to try both, definitely, especially if coming from the TP1.