PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro VS HTC Hero

My checkbook program is WinMo only, so no Hero for me. Furthermore, I'm sure you realize that many of us tether our devices from time to time but are not on a $40.00 tethering plan. Will this be available on the Hero? I'm holding out for the Leo and hoping that Sprint picks it up.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Sprint

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

I am holding out until the Geniuses here at PPCGEEKS figure out how to get Android fully functional on the TP, and seeing as there will soon be a CDMA version of Android I am sure that it will not take them too long to get it working.
I am spoiled by the beautiful resolution of my TP along with the slide out keyboard so I am not quite ready to drop my TP for something with a lower resolution. A friend of mine still has the Mogul which I had before the TP and I can NEVER go back to using that again. The Leo looks like an interesting option in the future if the specs are right, but I am not going to drop a few hundred dollars on a phone unless there is at least a better processor in it. The TP2 has the same Processor as the TP, but it has to run a larger OS and a bigger screen, which is a drain on the processor as well as the battery life. I am also annoyed they decided not to include an LED flash on the TP2. If the TP2 included the LED flash and a better processor it would have been almost perfect.
Now we just need a dual-boot Android/Win-mo phone to satisfy EVERYBODY!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
I am holding out until the Geniuses here at PPCGEEKS figure out how to get Android fully functional on the TP, and seeing as there will soon be a CDMA version of Android I am sure that it will not take them too long to get it working.
I am spoiled by the beautiful resolution of my TP along with the slide out keyboard so I am not quite ready to drop my TP for something with a lower resolution. A friend of mine still has the Mogul which I had before the TP and I can NEVER go back to using that again. The Leo looks like an interesting option in the future if the specs are right, but I am not going to drop a few hundred dollars on a phone unless there is at least a better processor in it. The TP2 has the same Processor as the TP, but it has to run a larger OS and a bigger screen, which is a drain on the processor as well as the battery life. I am also annoyed they decided not to include an LED flash on the TP2. If the TP2 included the LED flash and a better processor it would have been almost perfect.
Now we just need a dual-boot Android/Win-mo phone to satisfy EVERYBODY!!!
you do know that LG has announced an android phone with full slide out keyboard. if VZN picks that up i imagine i will be switching from HTC to LG.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Every video I see on the hero shows the same thing, but I want to see the following:

Video playback
Some kind of gameplay
Web browsing with flash
Camera / video recording

Can someone link me to a video showing these things?

Old 09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

I'm telling you, once the Touch HD2 (aka Leo) is out, no one will be wanting one of these old slow phones anymore, check this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026KG...layer_embedded

About 9 minutes of flipping through options and such, not ONCE did I see even a second of lag. That 1ghz Snapdragon is going to change the game, not to mention WinMo with Multi-Touch!!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison