PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro VS HTC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
hmmm....

i have an old areawide plan, 40/month, 1000 minutes, nights at 6, unlimited texting is free because they messed up my account, i think the unlimited powervision data plan, and with my employee discount i pay around 55 for this.

i just read somewhere that sprint's going to have unlimited mobile to mobile on any unlimited data plan?

i'm really contemplating the hero, but i don't know if i want to switch plans because this plan i have works pretty well for what i use it for.
I will answer these questions:

Yes, Sprint is now going to have UNLIMITED Mobile to Mobile for ANY Carrier Nationwide on any Everything Data Plan. This is a TRUE statement and is AWESOME!!! If you are already on an Everything Data plan then it will start at the beginning of your next billing cycle. WOOT!

Secondly, plans you can have with the Hero are:

It is store policy to be on an Everything Data Plan, you might, and this is a slim might, be able to get customer care to get you a Hero on a different plan, but I know it's policy to be on one of the Everything Data Plans.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

I think the whole debate is going to be made moot soon. The HTC Leo has been given a name, it's the Touch HD2. 1ghz Snapdragon cpu, winmo6.5 and probably an upgrade to WinMo 7 when it comes out (certainly there will be custom ROMs with WinMo 7), capacitive screen WITH multitouch support in TF3D, all the other goodies HTC is good at....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch> Touch Pro> Droid
Carrier: Verizon

pknyo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
nope you are right. I'm using a pre right now (same resolution and screen size as the hero) and you can definitely tell the difference (haha I actually just tweeted about this). The difference isn't as bad as say when you compare it to the original touch (qvga)...but things definitely look pixelated when you look closely. some examples: on my diamond I can usually read the txt on websites without zooming in, but I have to zoom in to read them on the pre (txt looks blurry). Movies on my diamond looked amazing, on the pre you can definitely see the pixels. but despite this I'm still going to pick up a hero too next month. now I just have to figure out how I'm going to split my usage time between my diamond, pre and hero.
By giving one to me!

If I made your day in any way, dont forget to say....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

i'm pretty positivive i'll be switching to the hero when it's released. i'll probably be switching back and forth from using the hero and tp.

does anyone know if i pay the $7 TEP, how it works if i switch what phone i'm using every few days/weeks or so. like, would it always be on the last phone i purchased? or whatever phone i'm currently using?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch> Touch Pro> Droid

pknyo is becoming a great contributor

I`m definately going to be in line at Best Buy to get this on the 11th. I`m switching from Alltel to Sprint and its going to save my brother and I about $40 each to get the everything data family plan. Only bad thing is I won`t be able to use my Alltel branded touch pro is I want to. I probably keep it around to stay on top of winmo and maybe play around with cooking on something that I don`t have to worry about if it crashes out on me. This is going to be a lonnnng 3 weeks, it kin of takes me back to that pre launch.

I hope that now that it is on CDMA we can get a forum going on in here. I know its not actually a "pocket pc", but then again I wouldn`t consider a pre a "pocket pc" either just because it`s palm. There`s a lot of intrest in Android here it seems, and I personaly feel that if Redmond comes up short with winmo 7 then Android will become the new winmo.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w and HTC Touch

SEAL62505 is a n00b

Android is *crazy* awesome. I just started using in on a Sprint Touch Last week. However, since I am on SERO (which apparently wont fly with the Hero) I am looking at a TP as my next phone to screw around with. I currently have the Touch and 800w...
Old 09-25-2009, 11:41 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
i'm pretty positivive i'll be switching to the hero when it's released. i'll probably be switching back and forth from using the hero and tp.

does anyone know if i pay the $7 TEP, how it works if i switch what phone i'm using every few days/weeks or so. like, would it always be on the last phone i purchased? or whatever phone i'm currently using?

I think technically your supposed to have the phone that would be service on the account for at least 30 days. I don't know how strict most locations are. I know where I'm from a lot of customers will switch a different phone on the line temporarily if the current phone breaks, just to get them by, then activate the broken one to get it serviced and fixed. I think thats how it works. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

michaelj1981 is just getting started

I am getting this phone as well i can't wait. The bad thing is im so used to wm that its gonna be hard to switch. I kinda wish i could put windows 6.5 or 6.1 on it and stuff. The other thing im excited about is the microSD cards that holds up to 32GB in size. Its about time sprint gets phones that can have more then 16GB. I just cant wait
Old 09-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelj1981 View Post
I am getting this phone as well i can't wait. The bad thing is im so used to wm that its gonna be hard to switch. I kinda wish i could put windows 6.5 or 6.1 on it and stuff. The other thing im excited about is the microSD cards that holds up to 32GB in size. Its about time sprint gets phones that can have more then 16GB. I just cant wait
wait... you do realize that every phone that supports microSDHC supports up to 32GB, right? It's just that there are no 32GB cards out right now, so most places haven't actually tested them, and don't put them on specs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

michaelj1981 is just getting started

i forgot about that. lol my bad.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison