PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Color scheme do u like better .. ?
GSM 64 48.85%
Sprint 67 51.15%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2. Horrible back cover.

thanks for the venting holes sprint. it will funtion great for venting heat. i hope the diamond2 also has venting holes in it too. i have been thinking about drilling holes on my diamond to help it cool down. love the tp2, but i think it will be too big for me. hopefull the diamond2 size is still small enough to put in my pants pocket.

Last edited by sadthai; 05-24-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:29 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I believe the holes are for audio purposes. HTC is incorporating a feature called Straight Talk™ which is said to make the phone a professional quality spearker phone, great for conference calls. It is incorporated by two sets of speakers and two mics. This is activated by placing the phone face down. The button I believe may not be a button at all but is actually a picture just stating where the second mic is which is used to be a noise cancelling mic or is a button to simply mute/unmute your mic, again useful when using it for a conference call. Here is a link and quote from the world wide version of the device from the HTC site, but I am sure most of the features will be the same for the Sprint version. (My personal preference is that it looks ok if it functions the way it is said to function.)

Straight Talk™

"HTC’s Straight Talk makes communication more natural, intuitive and effective. It is a way to seamlessly transit from email to a single or multi-party calls as well as a flawless means to complete conference bridge calls. The innovation is completed by dual microphone and speakers that turn your mobile into a professional quality speakerphone by the simple action of placing your phone face down on the table."

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchpro2/overview.html

Last edited by MrHawaii; 05-24-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
Its like that so you can get the grill marks on your stake when your grilling your stakes on it. lol
Lol that was a good one.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
yea, it could be for speaker/ noise reduction for the mic, but that would be too smart.
anyway, what is that little thing where the flash should be? is that the spkr? or a spkr button?
That button is the mute button for when you're in speakerphone mode.

Also, it's not venting holes!
It's the speaker phone speakers.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
HTC touch pro2 GSM vs Sprint (Poll)

Why must a carrier alter the appearance of the phone...

the gsm version of the touch pro2 is so sleek and professional... then sprint gets a hold of it and makes it all black and orange...

its not so much that they changed out the chrome with black... being that they had trble with the chrome on the TP ... its the orange that kills me...

the back cover just annoys me on why sprint changed that...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg htc-touch-pro2-3.jpg (82.6 KB, 386 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg htc_touch_pro2_.jpg (65.1 KB, 364 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: HTC touch pro2 GSM vs Sprint (Poll)

Not gonna lie the gsm one is sleek but the mostly black one sprint will have is nice since the crome was fading on the tp. So really can go either way with the tp2 honestly

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 06-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

The Sprint version looks like it was made by Lego (the toy company not the waffle company...although it does have a "waffle-ess" appearance to it).

late,
Coz
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Okay, Ill just come out and say it. The Sprint version is UGLY!!!!

There is no way Im buying that Michael Myers Halloween looking phone, LMAO Black and Orange??? For a PROFESSIONAL targeted phone????

LMAO Man, I admit it, I am so crestfallen as I was looking forward to the phone, but now? Here I come Treo Pro. On a side note, the red keyboard of the ATT version looks real nice.

Last edited by Journeyjeans; 06-02-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

Dang it sprint. Verizon is the one that is supposed to neuter phones, maybe it will grow on me...
Old 06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I'm liking the GSM version for sure!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison