PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Color scheme do u like better .. ?
GSM 64 48.85%
Sprint 67 51.15%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC touch pro2 GSM vs Sprint (Poll)

I won't make any final decisions until i actually see the phone in person. It might not actually be that bad looking. But i do have to agree that orange is a very strange color to go with.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

if the sprint orange was a bit brighter, like a candy orange.. then yea i would say it looks better.. but instead it looks like a drab, fall color of halloween. i dont like that much. Its also accented on the keys :/

so the original gsm version looks better.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Orange? So the orange you are complaining about is in the rear speaker grill, not the keyboard? Hmmm..... Given we've only seen one photo of that grill I'd wait until I see it in person. Looks to me like the "orange grill" could be a trick of the light and maybe the same color as the back.

Besides, I'll be looking at that great screen, I don't care what color they make the back.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Orange? So the orange you are complaining about is in the rear speaker grill, not the keyboard? Hmmm..... Given we've only seen one photo of that grill I'd wait until I see it in person. Looks to me like the "orange grill" could be a trick of the light and maybe the same color as the back.

Besides, I'll be looking at that great screen, I don't care what color they make the back.
quoted for truth
and vzw has green...forest green...
Old 06-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
I won't make any final decisions until i actually see the phone in person. It might not actually be that bad looking. But i do have to agree that orange is a very strange color to go with.
I agree. I did not think I would like the maroon back on the diamond. but I've actually grown to like it very much. I'll have to see it first. I must say the chrome is a little flashy for me and kinda played. I think I may end up appreciating the unique color scheme of the sprint version.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
Why must a carrier alter the appearance of the phone...

the gsm version of the touch pro2 is so sleek and professional... then sprint gets a hold of it and makes it all black and orange...

its not so much that they changed out the chrome with black... being that they had trble with the chrome on the TP ... its the orange that kills me...

the back cover just annoys me on why sprint changed that...
I agree with you that the chrome on the touch pro2 is rather sleek. I fell in love at first sight. Then when I saw the Sprint version my first thought was "that sucks." I know others are complaining about the chrome fading on the original touch pro, but I keep mine in a case, so I haven't had that issue.

The new theme is even drab. I wish the Sprint Touch Pro2 was the chrome version and that it had the same theme as the original Sprint Touch Pro. That Orange is awefully ugly!!!
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"

Last edited by tgmuhammad; 06-02-2009 at 02:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

since my touch pro screen is broke i'd welcome any kind of TP2 even is it was hot red, maybe not, but honestly i just want the phone
Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Look at the difference in the themes. The Original Pro is vibrant, in neon colors. The Pro2 is dull, in drab gray and orange.

I guess I'll have to wait and see it, too. But if this is sign of what's to come, I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed in Sprint for this...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Look at the difference in the themes. The Original Pro is vibrant, in neon colors. The Pro2 is dull, in drab gray and orange.

I guess I'll have to wait and see it, too. But if this is sign of what's to come, I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed in Sprint for this...
hopefully thats just a proto type and not the finished theme. I would think they would keep the neon colors, well maybe not though since there commercials haven't been all neon colors like before. I don't know so like i said i will just hold judgement until i see the final product. I'm sure it will be a wonderful device when finished. Sprint should know better than to **** this one up.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I like it. Whats to keep people from dyeing these backs all black? Dont like the keyboard for at&t.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison