PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

View Poll Results: How does your TP compare to your Mogul?
My Mogul was more stable (less buggy) than my TP. 18 13.04%
My TP is more solid (less buggy) than my Mogul ever was. 101 73.19%
Both are about the same. 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How does your TP compare to your Mogul?

about the keyboard sliding thing, my first PPC was a XV6700 which opens the same way the TP does, on the left. When I switched to the Mogul, it took me like a month to stop trying to open the phone on the left. Surprisingly though, when I switched back to the TP the that same thing hasn't happened yet. It may be due to the fact that the Mogul had a centered screen and was almost symmetrical on both sides. For the TP its much easier to tell up from down. I can't name the number of times I would grab my Mogul out of my pocket, not look and press the mail key to try and answer a call or can't find the power button because it was upside down.

As for the keyboard I feel like the TP has a better tactile feeling than my mogul did. The keys on the TP have that bevel which makes it easier to discern the keys from each other. I made a lot more typos on the Mogul than I do with the TP now.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

The only things I miss about my Mogul are the extra physical buttons, LED for BT/WiFi, and the keyboard. I don't mind the TP's keyboard itself, but it feels looser in its sliding action than the Mogul. My Mogul felt like a solid single device when it was closed. With my TP there's some give and the keyboard can wiggle a bit. My first TP was really bad so I exchanged it and while my current one is much better, it still doesn't feel as solid as the Mogul.

Just about every other aspect of the TP is better though, screen, camera, faster CPU, more RAM and ROM, better included software, etc.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

LOL, I still have my Mogul for a backup and everytime I look at it I think: Man that thing looks ancient - and big - and ugly (< pls don't tell my Mogul I said that, I loved her in her day)

Performance-wise they're pretty similiar, but the eye candy aspect is a run away.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison