PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there anyone else taking there touch pro back for new upcoming HTC devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i gota have wimo no matter what. no wimo, no go. no pre for me.
I agree, the pre look as if it wont be customizable at all.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:52 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Is there anyone else taking there touch pro back for new upcoming HTC devices?

Quote:
i gota have wimo no matter what. no wimo, no go. no pre for me.
Thats the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh750 View Post
Personally I think the pre looks absolutely retarded. But then again, I've never been a fan of Palm. EVER. Even with the w series. something about them just makes me want to punch a baby.
I cant stop laughting!! I thought I hated palm. Oh man I cant stop laughting and my eyes are watering lol. Ill be back. =D> Okay. No im not taking my pro back. Ill just buy what I like. Budgeting will be the key to a new phone.

Last edited by w7excursion; 01-13-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
released second quarter my but, dont hold your breath. i got my pro for 150$, sprint would love my sobb story for the hd, i better get to work on some bs about my pro to get the hd, i goto go. lol
I have a lot of complaint about the pro.
Does it really help to report problems to sprint?
Because If I can keep my Pro for now and just keep giving sprint legitimate complaints about it, to upgrade to one of the new devices, that would be great.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus S
Carrier: ATT

tonyh750 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to tonyh750

It doesnt really help to report problems. My guess would be that you'd be best off returning it now and dealing with your mougle. Reason being is that with this new phone being release, they are going to want to keep it for NEW customers, to help bring them in. I doubt they are going to want to just give you one for your pro because you have had issues.

I mean it would be nice, but I doubt it will happen.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm sure everyone has seen this thread already. There are some very nice new phones coming from HTC. I just got my Touch Pro, but am starting to wonder if maybe I should take it back and wait for some of these new ones. I really like the TP, but I have a mogul to use until these come out. I know that new phones come out all the time and I will have to pick a phone and stick with it at some point, but its hard to decide.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52811
Old 01-13-2009, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
I'm sure everyone has seen this thread already. There are some very nice new phones coming from HTC. I just got my Touch Pro, but am starting to wonder if maybe I should take it back and wait for some of these new ones. I really like the TP, but I have a mogul to use until these come out. I know that new phones come out all the time and I will have to pick a phone and stick with it at some point, but its hard to decide.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52811
The Rhodium is sexy. I think Ill stick with my pro. Ill just make sure to start dating a sprint rep or something so I can get some sort of hookup. :s
Old 01-13-2009, 05:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
It doesnt really help to report problems. My guess would be that you'd be best off returning it now and dealing with your mougle. Reason being is that with this new phone being release, they are going to want to keep it for NEW customers, to help bring them in. I doubt they are going to want to just give you one for your pro because you have had issues.

I dont think that is correct. We all know that Sprint is hurting. They are putting up a good front to the customer like nothing is wrong, but we know better. Retention of existing customers is just as important to them as new customers, if not more important. For example, I recently got an Airave for free and no monthly fee because after I moved my new location is just outside of the coverage area. I was asured that if I didnt get reception I could cancel my contract without an early termination fee. After speaking with the retentions group I was setup with the airave. Now I get full bars in my house and everything is great. Keeping existing customers is very important to Sprint.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
I dont think that is correct. We all know that Sprint is hurting. They are putting up a good front to the customer like nothing is wrong, but we know better. Retention of existing customers is just as important to them as new customers, if not more important. For example, I recently got an Airave for free and no monthly fee because after I moved my new location is just outside of the coverage area. I was asured that if I didnt get reception I could cancel my contract without an early termination fee. After speaking with the retentions group I was setup with the airave. Now I get full bars in my house and everything is great. Keeping existing customers is very important to Sprint.
Touche' sir. Touche'
Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

sprint bent over backwards for me, i was crying about my diamond overheating and got the pro for 150$ and got to keep the diamond that cost me 229$ and then gave me the mail in rebate for the diamond that i wasnt able to get in the first place. got both phones for the orice of the diamond really. hard to cry now though because the hd isnt here yet. im keeping the pro, i dont think developers have touched the capabilities of the pro yet. imo, its only going to get better.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:

Im just getting use to the pro

but the thought of having this, got me going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sprint1.jpg (13.0 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg sprint2.jpg (14.5 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison