PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

eglynum is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jealous of iPhone games

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I just need to put more effort into my searching. Too bad there not just a WiMo games website. You'd think someone would make that happen...
Old 01-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Diamond

rmxdave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I just need to put more effort into my searching. Too bad there not just a WiMo games website. You'd think someone would make that happen...
Perhaps someone is already working on such a thing
Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

andyandmarlys is just getting started

In no way is it "silly" to compare two devices that both have the ability to be customized to user wishes.

Why does it have to be one way, or the other.... productivity, or entertainment?

Both apple and mac have desktops that do well at both.... There is no reason a small device could not. So far, it looks like Android is a melding of the two... but there is no reason to poo poo somebodies desire for a fully customizable device to be able to do something another device does.

What needs to happen is microsoft needs to take some clues from Apple about user friendliness and usability, and apple needs to look at becoming a more open platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i think its silly to compare the two devices. they are made for completely different markets. windows media devices have always been advertised towards the productivity section of the market, whereas the iphone is more directed at hipsters and people who just want to be entertained by something. there's a severe difference between the two devices, and how they are intended to be used. if you want something to play games, get a psp. if you want a phone that can double as a pda, get a diamond/pro. if you want an ipod, get an ipod. there is no device that will do everything, at least not yet. you will still need multiple devices to have the best of all worlds.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:29 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandmarlys View Post
In no way is it "silly" to compare two devices
Um....yes. It is silly. Iphone is not a smartphone/PPC, and therefore should not be compared to one.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:35 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the two devices are completely different from each other, and were made for different purposes. windows mobile has been around much longer than the iphone, and from the start, has been made strictly for productive use. its based on windows ce, which again, is made purely for productivity. even apple's barcode scanners/mobile registers run windows ce. if their os was capable of being used in a productive enviornment, don't you think they would use that instead?

the iphone is geared towards entertainment. it can't even copy and paste. how productive can you be if you can't even paste text.

windows mobile, while it can entertain you, has been a platform for pruductivity. there are programs out there that can entertain you, don't get me wrong, but obviously, its not its strongest selling point, and for good reason.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i also bought par 72 golf and tiger woods golf. both well worth the money. heres a one hole trial for par 72. http://www.resetgame.com/par72golf/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

simple solution:

buy an Ipod Touch, then you have all the benifits of having an Iphone without actually having an Iphone
Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 PM
i don't miss blackberry

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

can't you tether the itouch to the touch pro, and get internet on it? that could be kinda cool.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Harper2.0 is a n00b

You can tether the iphone, only if you jailbreak. I've got my ipod touch jailbroken, and my friends got his iphone 3g jailbroken as well. Jailbreaking has opened a LOT of doors.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 AM
i don't miss blackberry

actually, i wrote that backwards.. i meant, could you tether the diamond or whatever to the itouch, to receive internet... like through bluetooth.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison