PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone have an iPhone or come from one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I am an Iphone poweruser. Iphone has a hardcore 3d engine. it can perform 1080P full HD video. Same quality as Bluray disc. It can be a remote control for various devices including roomba.LOL. It can be a touchpad for PC's. It is customizable in a different level. WM customizes by immitating other devices. Iphone owners does not do that coz they think it's a downgrade for the Iphone. Tethering functions is coming soon. Pls seach Youtube for videos of their games tht will amaze you. Start searching with this keywords. iphone starwars then go to related videos for more.

I am WM poweruser too and I do a lot of things with my WM device. I tether a lot with my WM and I paid low monthly payments.

I am the consumer. These devices are made for me. So why would I limit myself to pick just one if I can have 2?

To people that don't know, If the monthly payment for the Iphone is high, It's not the device's problem. It's the carrier. Iphone is a great piece of technology. U wouldn't know if U just tried it. Or ur friends has 1. U have to mod it like we mod WM.
that's just it
you can't really modify it that much. Jailbreak
wow...
hm...that's it. And after 20 minutes I was bored and I was stuck with an iphone for 2 months sadly
Old 11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
I am an Iphone poweruser. Iphone has a hardcore 3d engine. it can perform 1080P full HD video. Same quality as Bluray disc. It can be a remote control for various devices including roomba.LOL. It can be a touchpad for PC's. It is customizable in a different level. WM customizes by immitating other devices. Iphone owners does not do that coz they think it's a downgrade for the Iphone. Tethering functions is coming soon. Pls seach Youtube for videos of their games tht will amaze you. Start searching with this keywords. iphone starwars then go to related videos for more.

I am WM poweruser too and I do a lot of things with my WM device. I tether a lot with my WM and I paid low monthly payments.

I am the consumer. These devices are made for me. So why would I limit myself to pick just one if I can have 2?

To people that don't know, If the monthly payment for the Iphone is high, It's not the device's problem. It's the carrier. Iphone is a great piece of technology. U wouldn't know if U just tried it. Or ur friends has 1. U have to mod it like we mod WM.
You just sound like a typical iphone user.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:08 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I too am considering getting the iphone. My work's exchange server doesn't seem to want to work with my phone. I can do activesync just fine and all, but then I wonder what's the point of having a phone like the TP if i can't get my work email away from work?

On top of that, I used to watch movies on my old instinct all the time here in my office.

So really, it comes down to a few things for me, and multimedia presentation is a big one, and that seems to be where the iphone excels over the TP. I still enjoy the openness of the TP though. I don't like how Apple has such a tight grip on the iphone. I mean what's the deal with flash? Cmon apple.
Iphone SDK has policies. It's made like that to protect their business and the developer of that app. Let's face it. WM devices are so open most people get all the apps that they install for free(warez). If that thing keeps continues, The WM app business will die and eventually the OS itself which is already starting.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
that's just it
wow...
hm...that's it. And after 20 minutes I was bored and I was stuck with an iphone for 2 months sadly
There is a lot of things that U do not know how to do.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
You just sound like a typical iphone user.
And U sound like a typical wm user
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Iphone SDK has policies. It's made like that to protect their business and the developer of that app. Let's face it. WM devices are so open most people get all the apps that they install for free(warez). If that thing keeps continues, The WM app business will die and eventually the OS itself which is already starting.
Really? I haven't found many sites that offer pirated WM apps. I simply have gotten everything I need from freeware. Seems like the apps you pay for are a waste of money anyways (at least the ones I've seen.)

What's a good app that costs money anyways? I saw a torrent app that cost 20 bucks...
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
that's just it
wow...
Jailbreak is just the start. Just like hardspl

Then you add apps.
10. Converter

9. Real Artist
8. iSlots
7.iPhysics

6. NES Emulator
5. Tap Tap Revolution w/ Guitar Hero Mod
4. Wallpaper
3.Mobile RSS
2. Customize
1. Summerboard

Last edited by jimd144; 11-20-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
Jailbreak is just the start. Just like hardspl

Then you add apps.
10. Converter

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef_EuJti08A

9. Real Artist

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKPXP3FSzrE

8. iSlots

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWamsau_CbQ

7.iPhysics

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2MKqd7-8s

6. NES Emulator

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVh429Dp7r0

5. Tap Tap Revolution w/ Guitar Hero Mod

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH8skpDNAQU

4. Wallpaper

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7dxvtN2lxI

3.Mobile RSS

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnpwnDVmseA

2. Customize

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgsAtrv3t4

1. Summerboard

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_P_9mrZTKs
HAHAHA. I was just gonna colect videos like this for people that do not know what iphone can do. Thanks I'll add this list on my collection.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
And U sound like a typical wm user
I'm just sayin, everyone who has an iphone loves it, but then acts like anything else out there can't compete or tries to be like the iphone.

The iphone is great and all, but I've read enough about it to know it's not as perfect as some would make it seem.

Also, there isn't a single mod on my wm device that tries to make my phone like an iphone.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Really? I haven't found many sites that offer pirated WM apps. I simply have gotten everything I need from freeware. Seems like the apps you pay for are a waste of money anyways (at least the ones I've seen.)

What's a good app that costs money anyways? I saw a torrent app that cost 20 bucks...
U only need freeware coz ur standards are low. The best apps are not free.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison