PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did HTC finally hit a home run against Apple?
Yes. 95 74.22%
No. 22 17.19%
They're about the same. 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: So...did HTC finally make a better device than the iPhone?

The most powerful OS is WM bar none. No question about that. But every new smartphones that comes out will be tagged as the "Iphone Killer", "The Iphone busting Phone"(Nvidia Tegra platform), " The real Iphone killer"( Touch HD). It's sad guys but the device that will kill the Iphone is not been built yet. Not even a blueprint. Why? Come to think of it, the Iphone killer is not a Nice or powerful OS. Not a Phone that will out perform the iphone. it's not a device that has better specs. The Iphone killer is a phone that will stop Iphone dead in it's track by sales. Iphone has been the leader on the sales board the day it came out. Iphone 3G sells 6.9mil in 157 days. 1 out of 3 iphone buyers ditch their carrier. And half of those people that ditch their carrier is from verizon. LOL. How many middle aged women with 3 kids, wether chinese, japanese ,hispanics, blacks or white do U think will get the tegra?or the touch pro? I see alot lot of these woman have an Iphone. From age 13 to mid 50. I see them all. So now, Diamond, touch pro, Touch HD , G1 , and the tegra platform may outperform the Iphone. but none of this devices will match it's sales. the only way to kill the Iphone is to kill it's sales dramatically. So, the comparison really depends on what are U comparing.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
The most powerful OS is WM bar none. No question about that. But every new smartphones that comes out will be tagged as the "Iphone Killer", "The Iphone busting Phone"(Nvidia Tegra platform), " The real Iphone killer"( Touch HD). It's sad guys but the device that will kill the Iphone is not been built yet. Not even a blueprint. Why? Come to think of it, the Iphone killer is not a Nice or powerful OS. Not a Phone that will out perform the iphone. it's not a device that has better specs. The Iphone killer is a phone that will stop Iphone dead in it's track by sales. Iphone has been the leader on the sales board the day it came out. Iphone 3G sells 6.9mil in 157 days. 1 out of 3 iphone buyers ditch their carrier. And half of those people that ditch their carrier is from verizon. LOL. How many middle aged women with 3 kids, wether chinese, japanese ,hispanics, blacks or white do U think will get the tegra?or the touch pro? I see alot lot of these woman have an Iphone. From age 13 to mid 50. I see them all. So now, Diamond, touch pro, Touch HD , G1 , and the tegra platform may outperform the Iphone. but none of this devices will match it's sales. the only way to kill the Iphone is to kill it's sales dramatically. So, the comparison really depends on what are U comparing.
true, the iphone is reminiscent of the motorola razr when it first came out... it just killed all other phones combined even when it was out-spec'd in every way... i have to agree with you here...it'll never be about specs... it's be about branding/sales

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
true, the iphone is reminiscent of the motorola razr when it first came out... it just killed all other phones combined even when it was out-spec'd in every way... i have to agree with you here...it'll never be about specs... it's be about branding/sales

Which is funny, because I've never bought a product based on sales/marketing/image.

Always for functionality and performance.

So, it's just icing on the cake that the Pro looks cool.

Just like, it's icing on the cake that my WS6 looks bad ***... I'd still drive it if it looked like a 1980 Pinto though.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

yeah! just like its 'just' icing on the cake that my girlfriends hot... wait, what?

j/k its late..I'm drunkg I'll take this as my opportunity to see myself out.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D

Last edited by No1ustad; 10-29-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4G

ervman1 is just getting started

like everyone else said, its all about marketing. apple could put poop on a stick...charge some ridiculous highly high price for it and of course steve jobs turtleneck wearing wannabes would wait in line for weeks to get it...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tangix2001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervman1 View Post
like everyone else said, its all about marketing. apple could put poop on a stick...charge some ridiculous highly high price for it and of course steve jobs turtleneck wearing wannabes would wait in line for weeks to get it...
I'm almost indifferent between the iPhone and HTC/WM's best offering. I know it's blasphemous to say that but, as someone previously mentioned, it's a completely different product with different advantages. Both have their share of bugs and limitations. I understand that there is always a desire to validate your choices, but insulting customers who chose a different product is petty, even if they started it.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangix2001 View Post
I'm almost indifferent between the iPhone and HTC/WM's best offering. I know it's blasphemous to say that but, as someone previously mentioned, it's a completely different product with different advantages. Both have their share of bugs and limitations. I understand that there is always a desire to validate your choices, but insulting customers who chose a different product is petty, even if they started it.
ugh, but CONTINUE to re-ignite the fire.

anyways, maybe we should just talk about OUR phone?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

if Win Mo would incorporate multi touch and use finger gestures for browsing and zoom in/out then the iphone's days would be numbered. i believe everything is superior to the iphone, but browsing sucks even with opera!

i dread browsing on any win mo device because its such a pain and that wheel doesnt make it any better.

this is just personal opinion
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

I believe they should make INFRARED screens, instead of resitive/capactive. Best of both worlds, but more expensive.

I would pay the premium though. You can use a stylus, yet you get the non-contact smoothness of capacitive.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison