PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

andyandmarlys is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP or Ipod touch 2g for excercing

coming from a htc touch. Wondering if id do better with an ipod for jogging or is the touch pro light enough to use? i like how thin the ipod is, and some of its features, but don't necessarily want 2 redundant devices anyone with experience with both ?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Re: TP or Ipod touch 2g for excercing

Touch pro is both a little thicker and a little heavier than the ipod. For comparasion in terms of excercising I would use the diamond - that is of course if you don't need the keyboard, card expansion and video out.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i work out 5 days a week several hours a day with my touch pro in my pocket and it does just fine i know the ipod might be lighter but you can get the same features ast the ipod touch on your touch pro so there is no real reason to have 2 devices.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 11-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
i work out 5 days a week several hours a day with my touch pro in my pocket and it does just fine i know the ipod might be lighter but you can get the same features ast the ipod touch on your touch pro so there is no real reason to have 2 devices.
What are you using for headphones?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

right now im just using the stock headphones i was thinking about using the adapter that comes with it to use some other headphones but these are proving to be pretty good also with my set up i have s2p open up when i plug my headphones in so i can just plug and play. i also have a set of bluetooth headphones that work great for jogging.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
right now im just using the stock headphones i was thinking about using the adapter that comes with it to use some other headphones but these are proving to be pretty good also with my set up i have s2p open up when i plug my headphones in so i can just plug and play. i also have a set of bluetooth headphones that work great for jogging.
Sorry to OP for veering a little off track, but this could be useful too. Just out of curiosity what BT stereo headsets do you use? I've tried many but sweat keeps making them fall out of my ears!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Threadstarter

andyandmarlys is just getting started

just internal cushy style plugs for headphones. can you even get nice headphones for the tp? i hate the dongle adapters. wish they came with a standard headphone jack. have diamond now, but really want real keyboard. cant even spell exercisingright with this tiny keyboard(even though it covers half the screen
Old 11-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandmarlys View Post
just internal cushy style plugs for headphones. can you even get nice headphones for the tp? i hate the dongle adapters. wish they came with a standard headphone jack. have diamond now, but really want real keyboard. cant even spell exercisingright with this tiny keyboard(even though it covers half the screen
You can buy a straight usb to 3.5mm adapter that's a lot less smaller than the dongle you are refferring to. I think they sell them over at seidioonline.com. It'll still add some overall length to the headphones but it shouldn't be too bad I would think. You can find it here. I would double check though to make sure that they're the same usb connectors for the mogul and the touch pro. http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=ADA-11PM35FST
Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, formerly HTC Touch Pro

mi7chy is a n00b

I ran 9 miles the other day with the TP since I was on call. Didn't really notice it since it's compact and light (lighter than a small bottle of water). It negates the need for a laptop as it can VPN, RDP, SSH/telnet, etc. into work but in a much more pocketable package.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Livin' Dangerously

i use the motorola s9 i believe they were the red ones that were thin and wrapped around the back of the head and ill try to get you a link to them.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison