PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 AM
N00b

billyboyblue is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Finally sprint agree to swap me from 6800 to touch pro when it release.

at no price.. sorry as in i was not charged for the pro.. basically i got sprint and a pro for free
Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

topdawgn8 is becoming a great contributor

Well, I'd like to share my story on getting a replacement for my faulty Mogul. Which has been successful.

Problems include the usual, bluetooth, keyboard, large delay of text, random soft resets, etc, etc.

I took a different approach to get my problem taken care of. I called tech support as I wanted to make a strong paper trail through my quest. They initially offered me $150 off if I renewed my contract, blah blah. I replied back that this wasn't going to be satisfactory as I shouldn't have to shell out nearly $400 for a phone that should have worked up to standard in the first place. Got another email back about how to keep maintenance on my phone and that was the problem (all of which I do and then some). Again, I replied that this is not the problem and I know Sprint knows of the defects of the Mogul and they have given replacement phones like the Touch Pro as compensation for the customer's trouble. The next day I got a phone call from a rep from Tech who transferred me to Customer Relations. This rep was very helpful--she called Asurion and dealt with them. She called me back and told me that if I filed a claim with them (since I only had two mogul replacements) and then returned the new replacement in within 30 days, they would send me a Touch Pro as it is a comperable phone--which is not the case.

According to Asurion the Touch Pro is NOT comperable to the Mogul. I argued this fact for a good ten minutes, but to no avail I hung up with them and contacted sprint where they were really able to take care of me.

I spoke with a very nice representitive in Tech who spent over fourty minutes (while I waited on hold...patiently) with her supervisor discussing how they could solve the problem as doing exchanges is something Tech doesn't deal with very often, if at all. In the end, I paid $130 for a Touch Pro and I get to keep my Mogul.

Moral of the story, persistancy, kindness, and a calm voice will help you get your point across that the Mogul is, in general, a faulty piece of hardware for what was advertised and a fair deal should be able to be worked out. Some of you might feel $130 out of pocket is a ripoff; however, I think it's fair and I don't have to turn the Mogul back in. I can still use it as a back-up if need be.

So there ya have it. Yet another successful story.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Paid $30, got the TP in the mail as I type this...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Finally got my deal completely p***** [MIR and everything]

Paid $230
MIR - $100
Sold Mogul -$175

Yes. I paid negative $45 for my Pro.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Just got the TP... Lovin it!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MrBogard is a n00b

I'm pretty disappointed that I could not get Sprint to bite on this. My Mogul is defective and with all of the horror stories about people on their fifth and sixth handset, I just wanted a comparable WM Device with a built in keyboard. The best they could offer me was... well... nothing. They went so far as to tell me that they would credit my account when Asurion charges me for the defects that I thought were covered completely by the TEP charges. What a load of bull.

I brought up the fact that they have done this for many other users and they just kept feeding me the same canned responses, through email and over the phone. I'm jealous. I just want a handset that doesn't BREAK. I'll try my luck with a refurbished Mogul ASAP, and if that unit displays white spots or has a faulty keyboard after a few months of relatively light use (and great care) I'll be so disappointed. I love my service but their CSR's just wouldn't throw me a bone. They have continually told me that outside of the 30-day return window they can not replace a handset with another, which is obviously not true. And adding insult to injury, they won't give me a single rebate, because I've only had my Mogul for 11-12 months.

I don't even think I could ever sell my Mogul, because if I get a replacement it will be a refurb, and I don't think it's cool to sell a faulty POS on eBay.. just like it's not cool that Sprint pawns these off as viable replacements.

-Disappointed

Oh, and I'm also disappointed that I've had to deal with nothing but outsourced CSR's. I love the fact that I can't even speak to someone in the same region of the world that I live in when I have a problem.

Last edited by MrBogard; 11-22-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3G w/Transwarp Core
Carrier: AT&T+PPC Geeks (You are still The BEST)

JunkionMarnot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JunkionMarnot Send a message via Yahoo to JunkionMarnot

Well onto my second Ecare email. Just got off the phone with Retentions who reffered me to a supervisor, which offered me the TP for $304. Said it's either that place a claim with Assurion, take a free swap, or cal Assurion to see if they will give me what I want. She said sometimes they are "out of stock" (did she really expect me to believe that?) and they may have to upgrade me to the TP (Duh!). I sent HTC a email too. Was really hoping since I've been with them 6 year, plus the successes you guys have been able to pull down, I'd get SOME kind of luck. Oh well, I'll hang in there for as long as I can. Maybe I'll get one before Christmas. Before New Years if I'm lucky. Good luck out there guys n gals. Hope you all are fairing better.

There's a fine line between crazy and stupid...

...and I'm just playing stupid....
Old 01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

d_rvasquez726 is a n00b

what is th email of EFG? so i can complaint and gt the same deal

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison