PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700 ---> 6800 via insurance swap?

I heard rumor that some people lucked out a received 6800's when swaping their 6700 in for a an insurance swap. Any truth to this?

GErvy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started
Re: 6700 ---> 6800 via insurance swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
I heard rumor that some people lucked out a received 6800's when swaping their 6700 in for a an insurance swap. Any truth to this?

GErvy
Yep, my wife dropped her 6700 and took it in to sprint to get a new one and they gave her a 6800 because they didnt have any more 6700 in stock at the time. This was about 6-7 months ago. Yet, I have been through 6 6700s in that same time period, but they just so happen to always have one to send me.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b

Hmm.... so it's true, but all in the luck of the draw.
I wonder if I could sweet talk the person on the line when I call in an insurance swap (after I 'accidentally' drop my phone).
Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've also heard of this happening.
I'm planning on having my Apache break in September or October. It's already screwed up now, but I'm just going to make it work for a while.
I have been considering checking out the new Treo800w if I can't make this thing last. I just doesn't feel right...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:06 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, I had my 6700 charger jack broke after 6-8 mo's and the sent me a replacement who's dpad screwed up after a week, so I went into my repair store and they handed me a new in box mogul..

I would like to be so lucky with a touch pro, but the mogul's just take a beating and won't die. (regular use for me = falling of ladders, ect)
Old 07-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I just got a brand new Titan in place of my Apache about 6 weeks ago. Emailed Asurion, was extremely polite with them and they really hooked me up. Extra home charger, car charger, extra case all included. Getting a brand new one was topping on the cake, i was sure i would get a refurb.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

BusUncle is a n00b

I was unlucky. I brought in a 6700 with a broken charger jack and they had a refurbed 6700 in stock. I'm not even insured and all it cost was $35 for an on-the-spot replacement. Not a bad deal.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I've gone through 3 Apaches. This one rep gave me her number and extention and said when this one has a problem to call her and she will give me a 6800. I love my 6700 though, as long as it's working.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Photon

golden is a n00b

whats the number plzzz share
Old 07-17-2008, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Much truth behind this. I just got my new verizon Titan today (xv6800). It went down like this...

Called Asurion, verizon's insurance people, and found that the last replacement I received was new so it was still under verizon's warranty. Then I had to call verizon, they were out of stock of the 6700 and she proceeded to tell me she couldn't leave me phoneless and they just so happened to have one new-in-box 6800 they could give me. So now I have it and I love it.

The End.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison