PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: 6700 ---> 6800 via insurance swap?

Well I had a guy who left his out in the sun and damaged the screen so he called to file a claim, he said they told him they were going to upgrade him but when it got to him it was a spanking brand new 67. I checked ESPT and seen it only has 4 mins of use on it and I am sure that was from him using it before I got to it. He is on VZW BTW. He got the phone in yesterdat BTW also.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

erlo is a n00b

i'm gonna have to call sprint today and see about the replacement might have to accidently break soemthing on my 6700 heh
Old 07-22-2008, 12:03 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlo View Post
i'm gonna have to call sprint today and see about the replacement might have to accidently break soemthing on my 6700 heh
Droping it in the toilet works wonders...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Droping it in the toilet works wonders...
Except that they can tell that there is water damage and it becomes an insurance issue instead of manufacturer defect.
Hypothetically, something like a few seconds in the microwave might be less likely to be detectable as user caused damage.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Except that they can tell that there is water damage and it becomes an insurance issue instead of manufacturer defect.
Hypothetically, something like a few seconds in the microwave might be less likely to be detectable as user caused damage.
Without the battery in the phone I take it?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Without the battery in the phone I take it?
Since this is all hypothetical, you would probably be well advised to remove the battery if the phone were to mysteriously find it's way into the microwave for even a short period of time.
Unlikely that it makes much of a difference as 1-2 seconds will probably do major damage to circuitry without being enough time to cook the battery.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

Fosters is a n00b

I've been through 5 6700s exchanged, i'm on the 6th one... they always have a refurb for me... and they get worse and worse each time. This last one looks like it's seen the business end of a cheese grater... and the screen takes more force, like the touch almost... which makes it hard to play solitaire with your finger :P

I almost bought a touch/mogul, but didn't like either because of the lack of wifi on the touch or lack of memory/reliable bluetooth on the mogul, so decided to ride it out a few more months and wait for the Diamond/touch pro
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

i dropped my 6700 on tuesday, took it to the sprint repair center and they just ordered me a refurbed 6700. just got back from the sprint store with my refurb 6700.

looks like they still have more of these in stock

i've been trying to get a 6800 for almost 6 months now, and they just keep giving me 6700s, guess i'll have to drop mine a few more times before i can get a 6800 lol
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

drewden123 is just getting started

My 6700 stopped charging so I called verizon and i was under a warranty so they sent me a brand new 6700, not refurb. I was kinda hopin somethin would be messed up with the new one so i could get a 68
Old 07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work

I had 3-4 6700's die. After the last one died the VZ insurance sent me a 6800 per my request because I used the phone for crucial stuff and couldn't keep messing with refurbs that were going to die on me every 2 weeks.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison