PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Dude the arrive isnt a good phone plus its older. If hes updating he might as well get something newer and high end. The arrive has horrid reviews.
@fixxxer2008 it has horrid reviews on the web because those reviewers are biased or don't know what they're talking about, very hard to find an unbiased review about a phone online. on the sprint site the arrive is one of the highest rated phones on there in customer satisfaction and any bad reviews there are due to the person not knowing what they were getting into before buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
haha, watch it now, eric will fight nail and tooth for his arrive
@aedon not really just making another suggestion just like what @gullzway did. its funny what he says about his epic "this phone is money man" but I won't be with the arrive much longer because sprint's ongoing slow 3G speeds have caused me to email dan@sprint.com to try to get out of my contract. I'll soon be rocking an HD7 on T-mobile.
The HD7 is a much better phone.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Re: WHAT IS BETTER? iPhone 4S or Droid Photon!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@fixxxer2008 it has horrid reviews on the web because those reviewers are biased or don't know what they're talking about, very hard to find an unbiased review about a phone online. on the sprint site the arrive is one of the highest rated phones on there in customer satisfaction and any bad reviews there are due to the person not knowing what they were getting into before buying.

@aedon not really just making another suggestion just like what @gullzway did. its funny what he says about his epic "this phone is money man" but I won't be with the arrive much longer because sprint's ongoing slow 3G speeds have caused me to email dan@sprint.com to try to get out of my contract. I'll soon be rocking an HD7 on T-mobile.

well I didnt mean it in a bad way. Im just saying that you always promot the arrive and mango
as far as sprint goes, I dont blame you. The towers here seem to finally be okay
luckly I spend more time in austin, and they have good 4g coverage.

After the horrid customer service I delt with I would prob totally concider a different carrier.. but I cant find another SERO lol
Old 10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

No verizon will be exclusive next month. Sprint wont get it until 2012.

Well I know that that particular phone will only be for yall.
but htc would more then lickly be giving sprint some kinda equivalent soon.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:

The HD7 is a much better phone.
@fixxxer2008 and on a much better network whose crappy towers won't drain my battery in under 2.5 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
well I didnt mean it in a bad way. Im just saying that you always promot the arrive and mango
as far as sprint goes, I dont blame you. The towers here seem to finally be okay
luckly I spend more time in austin, and they have good 4g coverage.

After the horrid customer service I delt with I would prob totally concider a different carrier.. but I cant find another SERO lol
@aedon well with t-mobile on this prepay plan I'm considering which was suggested by @gTen. it includes unlimited texts,5GB of data and 100 min for $30 a month, if minutes are an issue u can purchase refill cards or subscribe to the $50 plan which is unlimited minutes and text but only 2GB of full speed data. so that's like SERO. only downside to prepay is u have to pay full retail for whatever phone u want which means looking on eBay and Craigslist which is what I'm currently doing.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Eric just make sure you have good tmobile coverage before switching.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
@fixxxer2008 and on a much better network whose crappy towers won't drain my battery in under 2.5 hours.

@aedon well with t-mobile on this prepay plan I'm considering which was suggested by @gTen. it includes unlimited texts,5GB of data and 100 min for $30 a month, if minutes are an issue u can purchase refill cards or subscribe to the $50 plan which is unlimited minutes and text but only 2GB of full speed data. so that's like SERO. only downside to prepay is u have to pay full retail for whatever phone u want which means looking on eBay and Craigslist which is what I'm currently doing.
Well currently I dont have any restrictions on anything but minutes.
I have 500 mins a month, but unlimited text and no data limits.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:

Eric just make sure you have good tmobile coverage before switching.
I checked that awhile ago when they started their 4G claims. IL is drenched in hot pink and purple.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:34 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
not really just making another suggestion just like what @gullzway did. its funny what he says about his epic "this phone is money man" but I won't be with the arrive much longer because sprint's ongoing slow 3G speeds have caused me to email dan@sprint.com to try to get out of my contract. I'll soon be rocking an HD7 on T-mobile.
The Epic is Money, especially running Gingerbread. But I'm on SERO, if I had to pay $79.99/month like the new contracts, I'd be on another carrier yesterday with the somewhat poor coverage and speeds I get around my house. I use wifi at home,but there's a 5 mile radius around my house that is 1x coverage. If they ever axe my SERO plan, I'll most likely look into the T-Mobile plans you mentioned!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:53 PM
#1 troll!

Im glad i left sprint when i did. Trust me guys, the grass IS greener!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:07 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:

Im glad i left sprint when i did. Trust me guys, the grass IS greener!
I'm aware the grass is greener, but the green out of my pocket is also a lot more! Last time I checked an individual plan on Verizon with text and 5gb data was around$ 90 With a 21% employee discount.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
droid, iphone, iphone 4s or droid photon, iphone or droid